Explore San Antonio
Cuisine: Argentinean, Latin
Price Range: $$
The Valencia Hotel's new restaurant, Dorrego's, proves that some hotel restaurants can shine. Although Latin flavors are not rare in San Antonio, Dorrego's showcases Argentinean fare, something you're... Read More
The Valencia Hotel's new restaurant, Dorrego's, proves that some hotel restaurants can shine. Although Latin flavors are not rare in San Antonio, Dorrego's showcases Argentinean fare, something you're not likely to run across in the Alamo City. Chef Mesa visited Argentina and brought back his inspirations, incorporating those authentic ingredients into his cuisine. Start your meal out right with Mexican street corn and the Proveleta Flamado a la Mesa, a tequila flamed cheese grilled Argentian provolone. The entree choices are diverse, elegant and scrumptious, ranging from gulf prawns (head-on), duck empanadas, grilled octopus, TX pig meatballs, smoked short rib ravioli and more. For dessert, even if you're too full, try the DDL Panna Cotta. For downtown visitors, you might wish to stop in for some cocktails to enjoy on their lovely patio, situated along the riverwalk. Dorrego's is a veritable treat, and the perfect choice for late night eats!
- River Walk's Best Restaurants: "A great stop for a glass of wine an appetizer while wandering around the downtown landscape."
- Breakfast: "The Banana Dulce De Leche Waffles is a crowd-pleaser."
- Waterfront Dining: "Dorrego's features the only Argentinian-inspired cuisine in town and is shaking things up with their new chef."
- Late Night: "You can even grab a bite to eat at the bar, which is open until 2 am."
- Best for River Walk's Best Restaurants Because: One of the most elegant restaurants located along San Antonio's Riverwalk.
- Best for Breakfast Because: Although Dorrego's features the only Argentinian-inspired cuisine in town, their breakfasts are also familiar and quite good.
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: A stunning restaurant option, from the cuisine to the views.
- Best for Late Night Because: For fine dining after regular hours, this gorgeous Spanish Colonial-style downtown restaurant is a great option for indoor and outdoor dining, drinks and dessert.