Explore San Antonio
Cuisine: American, Eclectic, European, New American
Price Range: $$
Rebelle Restaurant in the newly-renovated St. Anthony Hotel has finally come to fruition and oh what a plump, juicy treat it is. Once, years ago, the restaurant at the St. Anthony was the place to go... Read More
Rebelle Restaurant in the newly-renovated St. Anthony Hotel has finally come to fruition and oh what a plump, juicy treat it is. Once, years ago, the restaurant at the St. Anthony was the place to go for dinner... and now it is once again! Executive Chef Stefan Bowers along with restaurateur Andrew Goodman, have already proven their talents at the successful Feast Restaurant in Southtown, San Antonio. With Rebelle, they're now well on their way to earning national attention. With Chef Bowers' gift for blending scintillating flavors and Goodman's aesthetic grace, this duo is a match made in heaven - which is what Rebelle looks like, if heaven is an enchanting, purple-hued dreamscape where the lusty libations and seductive cuisine never end. For Chef Bowers, it's all about the flavor. While the dishes are certainly thoughtfully put together, you quickly lose sight its beauty once you taste it. Chef Bowers calls it "high-risk" cuisine because if even one component of these highly composed dishes is not on point, it throws the entire dish off. The concept is shared plates of elegant, extraordinarily fresh and diverse cuisine. Rebelle is French for rebel and is their acknowledgement of the common use of French techniques used in the dishes, even though the menu is quite global. It's also the perfect description for these two men who are true to their own vision and no one else's. The menu includes the most succulent Char-Grilled Spanish Octopus with braised corona beans and basil pistou; a decadent 32 oz. Cote de Bouef (bone-in Ribeye with tarragon butter); perfectly-cooked Veal Sweetbreads with black trumpets and lobster knuckle butter and Rosemary and Red Pepper Spiced Goat Shank, to name a few. Bon appetit!
- Best Restaurants: "They are known for their fresh oysters."
- Romantic Dining, Group Friendly, Brunch: "Try the "Funday," a pitcher of rum, pineapple, orange juice, pomegranate and lemon."
- Farm to Table: "They have one of the best deals in the city on fresh, scrumptious oysters!"
- Seafood: "If you're not afraid to go for the gold, try their "High Tower," a mountain of fresh Maine lobster, Alaskan king crab legs, East Coast oysters, jumbo shrimp, marinated mussels and smoked clams!"
- Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus: "For something truly divine, try the Char-Grilled Spanish Octopus."
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus: "Take a carriage ride around the city and have them drop you off at Rebelle's "doorstep.""
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Rebelle is one of the only dedicated seafood restaurants in town. If you love seafood and a fine dining atmosphere, this is the place!
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: With sexy decor, boozy drinks and a uniquely delicious seafood menu, you're sure to get a second date!
- Best for Farm to Table Because: Rebelle sources their produce from a Texas farm in order to create incredible farm-to-table dishes.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Rebelle is a wonderful fine dining option for groups, with creative seafood and superb service.
- Best for Seafood Because: This premium seafood restaurant, set in the stunning historic St. Anthony Hotel, is the ultimate choice if you're downtown.
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: They call themselves the best seafood restaurant in town, and they're probably not wrong. They cater to all types of food preferences.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: If you're looking for healthy, seafood should be at the top of your list and so should Rebelle.
- Best for Brunch Because: Brunch is as tempting as any other meal served at Rebelle, and surprisingly affordable.
Find the 10Best nearby: