Explore San Antonio
Cuisine: American, Local Specialty, New American, Organic, Regional
Price Range: $$$$
Gwendolyn, located downtown along the Riverwalk, is a fine-dining American restaurant that, like the Grandmother, it's named for, inspires deep love and devotion. A cozy, romantic venue, Gwendolyn is... Read More
Gwendolyn, located downtown along the Riverwalk, is a fine-dining American restaurant that, like the Grandmother, it's named for, inspires deep love and devotion. A cozy, romantic venue, Gwendolyn is an ideal place for a first date, anniversary or if you're simply a foodie who appreciates impeccable food. Gwendolyn is committed to serving handmade food made from local ingredients. Chef Michael is a devotee of the Slow Food Movement which emphasizes eco-awareness. Even more impressive, Gwendolyn refuses to use all the modern gadgetry that most restaurants can't seem to live without. The menu is small, offering a three course or five-course prix fixe menu with two options for each course that changes daily. You can check the website to see what the current day's menu will be, and you'll want to call ahead to book your reservation.
- Farm to Table: "Dine early to take advantage of their early bird special."
- Best Restaurants: "The menu changes from day-to-day based on seasonal availability so be sure to check out the website for details."
- River Walk's Best Restaurants: "The menu changes from day to day based on seasonal availability so be sure to check out the website for details."
- Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus: "As their menu changes often, be sure to preview it online first, and request adaptations, if need be."
- Restaurants near Alamodome: "Make sure to ask about their off-menu house-made charcuterie and cheese plate!"
- Best for Farm to Table Because: Gwendolyn is the best of the best when it comes to farm-to-table, dedicated to fine dining, scratch-made cuisine.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Gwendolyn epitomizes perfection in every sense of the word, from the composition to the flavors.
- Best for River Walk's Best Restaurants Because: Although you can really only see the river from the balcony, once you get a taste, you won't care if you're sitting on the moon.
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: Although Gwendolyn has a focus on French techniques using local ingredients, the restaurant does its very best to accommodate special requests.
- Best for Restaurants near Alamodome Because: One of the finest restaurants in town with all local ingredients!