Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Just 90 miles from San Antonio lies the second largest batholith in the United States. Enchanted Rock has seen human activity up to 11,000 years ago. You'll enjoy fun and enriching activities like... Read More
Just 90 miles from San Antonio lies the second largest batholith in the United States. Enchanted Rock has seen human activity up to 11,000 years ago. You'll enjoy fun and enriching activities like backpacking, camping (primitive also), hiking, rappelling and rock climbing, bird watching, and the stars at night are absolutely amazing!Local legend has it that the Tonkawa Indians named Enchanted Rock because of the sounds they heard coming from the rocks at night. They believed the formation was enchanted. This is one of the most beautiful natural areas in Texas. There is also a cave towards the top of the formation - but beware if you are claustrophobic, it is very cramped and at times you find yourself crawling. Flashlights are a must!
- Things to Do in Fall, Outdoor Activities, Romantic Things to Do, Sightseeing: "In the summer and warmer months, arrive early because the park fills up quickly. If you're camping in the early spring or late winter, it can get windy and cold at night so come prepared."
- Things to Do in December: "Go early on the weekends."
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: Locals love Enchanted Rock for it's beauty and climbing challenges. Can you make it to the top!?
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: A beautiful place do go hiking any time of the year.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Enchanted Rock is the perfect excursion for active couples looking to explore San Antonio's surroundings.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: With the cool December weather, Enchanted Rock makes for a fun hike with friends and family.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Enchanted Rock isn't just for rock climbers. It's truly an incredible sight to see.