Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Vegeria Vegan Restaurant
Cuisine: American, Bakery, Latin, Mexican, Tex-Mex, Vegetarian
Price Range: $
Vegeria somehow manages to make delicious Tex-Mex both Vegan and, sometimes, gluten-free as well, and this is no easy feat! You won't find many vegetarian or vegan offerings in the city that eats... Read More
Vegeria somehow manages to make delicious Tex-Mex both Vegan and, sometimes, gluten-free as well, and this is no easy feat! You won't find many vegetarian or vegan offerings in the city that eats brisket in its sleep, but Vegeria is a surprising stand-out, even for non-vegetarian lovers. Vegeria is the only Tex-Mex Vegan restaurant in town and offers super tasty cuisine such as potato, corn and poblano flautas, that is not only healthy but fresh and inexpensive. They offer a beautiful patio for dining and as an added bonus, it's attached to a cute little bookstore for browsing while you wait for your food. Vegeria also sports their own gluten-free bakery. Who says healthy can't taste good?!
- Mexican, Tex-Mex: "It's not all Tex-Mex here! For something a little unique try their vegan "Buffalo Wings," battered and fried cauliflower tossed in ancho and cascabel buffalo sauce. Yum!"
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus, Gluten-Free Baked Goods: "The nachos, with their fresh, crisp veggies, are the perfect starter or meal."
- Best for Mexican Because: Vegeria is a wonderful choice when you're looking for all that Mexican flavor but not all the calories that go with it.
- Best for Tex-Mex Because: With the growing popularity of Vegan diets, it's great to know there's a Tex-Mex option in town that will satisfy your cravings.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Vegeria doesn't skimp on flavor just because they're a vegan restaurant.
- Best for Gluten-Free Baked Goods Because: Not only do they make gluten-free treats but ones that are also Vegan so you can enjoy them guilt-free!