Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Cuisine: American, Latin, Mexican, Tex-Mex
Price Range: $
Acenar, located downtown on the Riverwalk, is a spectacularly innovative and contemporary Tex-Mex restaurant that Zagat has noted for their "killer food." Lisa Wong (who also owns Rosario's) and her... Read More
Acenar, located downtown on the Riverwalk, is a spectacularly innovative and contemporary Tex-Mex restaurant that Zagat has noted for their "killer food." Lisa Wong (who also owns Rosario's) and her partners took special care with this restaurant to ensure it could compete in style and taste with just about any other restaurant in any metropolitan city, and they did not disappoint. If you just want to check it out, they offer a Houston street-level bar called Atomar and a Happy Hour menu that's worth the walk. Although the regular menu is similar to Rosario's with a boost in price, Acenar offers items that are unique to it, such as the Buttermilk Fried Oysters, the Young Texas Goat served with Ancho Salsa Ranchera and the Duck Crepes. Looking for Tex-Mex with a twist? This is it!
- Waterfront Dining: "Acenar just updated their menu with some new items, such as the Shrimp Cocktail, made with large shrimp, spicy housemade cocktail sauce, cilantro, onions and avocados."
- Tex-Mex: "Acenar offers a fun, festive Sunday brunch on a Riverwalk boat. Make reservations online through their website."
- Lunch: "Order the mushroom crepes or the mole enchiladas for a true taste of Mexican-inspired cuisine."
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: Acenar is one of the top Tex-Mex restaurants in town, offering excellent food, drinks and riverwalk views.
- Best for Tex-Mex Because: Acenar is a highly-rated and popular downtown Tex-Mex restaurant that has been around for over a decade now.
- Best for Lunch Because: Located in the heart of downtown, Acenar features tasty Tex-Mex in a spacious indoor dining room or outdoor patio that overlooks the Riverwalk.