Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Cuisine: American, Latin, Mexican, Tex-Mex
Price Range: $
Acenar, located downtown on the Riverwalk, is a spectacularly innovative and contemporary Tex-Mex restaurant that Zagat has noted for their "killer food." Lisa Wong (who also owns Rosario's) and her... Read More
Acenar, located downtown on the Riverwalk, is a spectacularly innovative and contemporary Tex-Mex restaurant that Zagat has noted for their "killer food." Lisa Wong (who also owns Rosario's) and her partners took special care with this restaurant to ensure it could compete in style and taste with just about any other restaurant in any metropolitan city, and they did not disappoint. If you just want to check it out, they offer a Houston street-level bar called Atomar and a Happy Hour menu that's worth the walk. Although the regular menu is similar to Rosario's with a boost in price, Acenar offers items that are unique to it, such as the Buttermilk Fried Oysters, the Young Texas Goat served with Ancho Salsa Ranchera and the Duck Crepes. Looking for Tex-Mex with a twist? This is it!
- Best for Lunch Because: Located in the heart of downtown, Acenar features tasty Tex-Mex in a spacious indoor dining room or outdoor patio that overlooks the Riverwalk.
- Best for Mexican Because: Located along the riverwalk, Acenar offers great Mexican food and a spacious patio with a few of the river.
- Best for River Walk's Best Restaurants Because: If you're looking for the full San Antonio experience with Tex-Mex and the riverwalk, Acenar can't be beat!
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: Fogo de Chao is just steps above the famous San Antonio Riverwalk.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Acenar offers a vibrant, fun atmosphere with famous and affordable Tex-Mex cuisine.
- Best for Tex-Mex Because: Acenar is a highly-rated and popular downtown Tex-Mex restaurant that has been around for over a decade now.