Explore San Antonio
Cuisine: American, Latin, Mexican, Tex-Mex
Price Range: $
Acenar, located downtown on the Riverwalk, is a spectacularly innovative and contemporary Tex-Mex restaurant that Zagat has noted for their "killer food." Lisa Wong (who also owns Rosario's) and her... Read More
Acenar, located downtown on the Riverwalk, is a spectacularly innovative and contemporary Tex-Mex restaurant that Zagat has noted for their "killer food." Lisa Wong (who also owns Rosario's) and her partners took special care with this restaurant to ensure it could compete in style and taste with just about any other restaurant in any metropolitan city, and they did not disappoint. If you just want to check it out, they offer a Houston street-level bar called Atomar and a Happy Hour menu that's worth the walk. Although the regular menu is similar to Rosario's with a boost in price, Acenar offers items that are unique to it, such as the Buttermilk Fried Oysters, the Young Texas Goat served with Ancho Salsa Ranchera and the Duck Crepes. Looking for Tex-Mex with a twist? This is it!
- Mexican: "Dine on the expansive patio overlooking the River Walk, for a beautiful view of the river."
- Outdoor Dining: "Start off an evening in their bar area with a round of mango margaritas!"
- River Walk's Best Restaurants: "You can't go wrong with any of their enchiladas! Of course, this may be true city-wide!"
- Tex-Mex: "Acenar has a beautiful view of the Riverwalk from their patio."
- Waterfront Dining: "Acenar just updated their menu with some new items, such as the Shrimp Cocktail, made with large shrimp, spicy housemade cocktail sauce, cilantro, onions and avocados."
- Best for Mexican Because: Acenar is the downtown hot spot for Mexican food and great margaritas!
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Acenar offers a gorgeous view of the River Walk from their patio.
- Best for River Walk's Best Restaurants Because: Acenar makes classy and scrumptious Tex-Mex in a festive environment.
- Best for Tex-Mex Because: Acenar is a highly-rated and popular downtown Tex-Mex restaurant that has been around for over a decade now.
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: Acenar is one of the top Tex-Mex restaurants in town, offering excellent food, drinks and riverwalk views.
Find the 10Best nearby: