Explore San Antonio
Casa Rio Mexican Restaurant
Cuisine: American, Latin, Mexican, Tex-Mex
Casa Rio has long been a tradition and a favorite for many families in San Antonio. The restaurant holds the distinction of being the first business to open its doors on the River Walk. This occurred... Read More
Casa Rio has long been a tradition and a favorite for many families in San Antonio. The restaurant holds the distinction of being the first business to open its doors on the River Walk. This occurred back in 1946 not too long after World War II. Additional history tells us that the restaurant sits on land first granted a title by the King of Spain in 1777. Casa Rio serves delicious Mexican and Tex-Mex cuisine but many do not know that the restaurant also provides riverboat dining on the San Antonio River. With a reservation, guests board a river barge during lunch, dinner or cocktail hours and spend about an hour dining as their riverboat captain takes them up and down the San Antonio River. While you munch on scrumptious enchiladas and sip your margarita you enjoy sights and sounds galore. Casa Rio often provides Mariachi singers so your dining experience will be one of the most memorable and musical.
- Mexican: "Casa Rio is a festive option if you're looking to dine along the River Walk!"
- River Walk's Best Restaurants: "Casa Rio is a good choice if you're on a budget. You can get some bean and cheese nachos or crispy flautas for under $10."
- Tex-Mex: "Casa Rio is a great choice if you're looking to dine along the Riverwalk!"
- Best for Mexican Because: Being one of the oldest Mexican restaurants in town, this restaurant has truly survived the test of time.
- Best for River Walk's Best Restaurants Because: Casa Rio has been a tradition along the River Walk for longer than most locals can remember, serving up some favorite Tex-Mex.
- Best for Tex-Mex Because: Casa Rio is one of the premiere Riverwalk restaurants, and one of the hot spots if you're looking for Tex-Mex with a view.
Find the 10Best nearby: