Explore San Antonio
Type: Architecture, Art & Culture, Attractions, Family Friendly, Food & Wine, Historic Sites, Outdoor Activities, Relaxing, Romantic, Sightseeing, Tours and Excursions
The Pearl Brewery is one of the coolest places you can visit in San Antonio. This brewery, established in 1883 and once home to Pabst beer, has recently been transformed from a historic brewery to a... Read More
The Pearl Brewery is one of the coolest places you can visit in San Antonio. This brewery, established in 1883 and once home to Pabst beer, has recently been transformed from a historic brewery to a thriving multi-use space where you can eat, shop, learn, work and live. The Pearl is situated next to the recent Riverwalk expansion, so you can catch a tour boat or walk from the Pearl all the way downtown, past the San Antonio Museum of Art and numerous artistic elements that have been carefully built into the landscape. You'll find fine dining to street food restaurants, a great coffee shop run by the Culinary institute and more. The Culinary Institute and the Aveda School have facilities at the Pearl and both are open to patrons. Every Saturday, the Pearl is host to an amazing Farmer's Market and has become a traditional Saturday event for locals.
- Historic Sites: "Plan on going for lunch or dinner –" the restaurants here are some of the best San Antonio has to offer!"
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Pop into Hotel Emma for a look at the lobby and hotel shop. It's a great place to grab a coffee or quick snack."
- Free Things to Do: "Bring a packed lunch and sit along the Riverwalk next to the Pearl for the best seats in the house. If you have a few bucks grab a coffee and some pastries from Bakery Lorraine."
- Things to Do in December: "A great place to Christmas shop for special gifts you won't find anywhere else. Make sure to stop in at Bakery Lorraine's for a macaron (or four) when you need a little break."
- Attractions near AT&T Center: "Plan on going for lunch or dinner – the restaurants here are some of the best San Antonio has to offer!"
- Best for Historic Sites Because: The Pearl Brewery shows what one visionary can do to an old brewery.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Pearl has it all, from shopping to the farmers market, great bars, riverwalk access and more!
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: It's always free to take in the sights and sounds at the historic Pearl Brewery. Enjoy window shopping, strolling the Riverwalk and more!
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: The historic Pearl is one of San Antonio's premier destinations for dining, shopping and sight-seeing.
- Best for Attractions near AT&T Center Because: The Pearl offers not only the best shopping experience in San Antonio, but some of the best restaurants.