Explore San Antonio
Type: Attractions, Sightseeing, Uniquely Here
Travel + Leisure ranked the San Antonio River Walk as the #1 River Walk in America. Also known as Paseo del Rio, this major tourist attraction brings in over five million visitors a year. Delight... Read More
Travel + Leisure ranked the San Antonio River Walk as the #1 River Walk in America. Also known as Paseo del Rio, this major tourist attraction brings in over five million visitors a year. Delight yourself with a relaxing dinner at one of the numerous restaurants or cafes that line the river. Spice it up by visiting one of the numerous night spots or enjoying the sounds of mariachis and other live music. Adults and children enjoy floating on river boats piloted by San Antonio's humorous tour guides. The River Walk is the perfect place to hang out with family, shop and site see or sit quietly with your date while you enjoy the sounds of a bubbling waterfall.
849 E Commerce St.
San Antonio, TX 78205
- Things to Do in December: "The River Walk lights are already sparkling! Grab a hot cocoa from Kilwins and walk along the river in wonder."
- Historic Sites, Attractions near AT&T Center: "If it is a warm day, become a part of local culture by choosing a restaurant with an outdoor patio. Next, sip a margarita in the sunshine. Ask your server for chips and salsa to compliment your drink."
- Sightseeing: "Make sure to go for a boat ride to get the full experience and learn a little bit about San Antonio's rich history."
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: With hundreds of thousands of twinkling lights, music and good cheer, the River Walk is a must this time of year.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: The river walk is one of the most popular historical sites in the city and should not be overlooked.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: The Riverwalk is quintessentially San Antonio, complete with amazing restaurants, bars, shops, palm trees, boats, river ducks and endless festivities.
- Best for Attractions near AT&T Center Because: To get a full sense of what San Antonio is all about, the riverwalk is the place to be.
Find the 10Best nearby: