Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Kimberly Suta
Type: Attractions, Sightseeing, Uniquely Here
Travel + Leisure ranked the San Antonio River Walk as the #1 River Walk in America. Also known as Paseo del Rio, this major tourist attraction brings in over five million visitors a year. Delight... Read More
Travel + Leisure ranked the San Antonio River Walk as the #1 River Walk in America. Also known as Paseo del Rio, this major tourist attraction brings in over five million visitors a year. Delight yourself with a relaxing dinner at one of the numerous restaurants or cafes that line the river. Spice it up by visiting one of the numerous night spots or enjoying the sounds of mariachis and other live music. Adults and children enjoy floating on riverboats piloted by San Antonio's humorous tour guides. The River Walk is the perfect place to hang out with family or sit quietly with your date while you enjoy the sounds of a bubbling waterfall.
- Things to Do with Kids: "Make sure to take a snack break at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for one of their famous caramel apples and make the kids happy!"
- Romantic Things to Do: "If it is a warm day, become a part of the local culture by choosing a restaurant with an outdoor patio. Next, sip a margarita in the sunshine, along with some chips and salsa at Cafe Ole or Casa Rio."
- Holiday Attractions: "Avoid the weekends if you can."
- Free Things to Do, Sightseeing, Historic Sites, Attractions near AT&T Center: "If it is a warm day, become a part of local culture by choosing a restaurant with an outdoor patio. Next, sip a margarita in the sunshine. Ask your server for chips and salsa to compliment your drink."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: With river ducks, palm trees, entertainment and shopping galore, San Antonio's River Walk is a must-see for kids and adults.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Regardless of the time of the year, the river walk is always the best place to inspire romance.
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: The river walk, with its 100,000 Christmas lights, is the go-to spot for celebrating during the holidays at the best restaurants and bars.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: You don't have to spend any money to enjoy this beautiful tourist attraction, although it couldn't hurt to bring some spending money.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: There's no better place to get a sense of what this city is about!
- Best for Historic Sites Because: The river walk is one of the most popular historical sites in the city and should not be overlooked.
- Best for Attractions near AT&T Center Because: To get a full sense of what San Antonio is all about, the riverwalk is the place to be.