Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Kimberly Suta
Type: Attractions, Sightseeing, Uniquely Here
Travel + Leisure ranked the San Antonio River Walk as the #1 River Walk in America. Also known as Paseo del Rio, this major tourist attraction brings in over five million visitors a year. Delight... Read More
Travel + Leisure ranked the San Antonio River Walk as the #1 River Walk in America. Also known as Paseo del Rio, this major tourist attraction brings in over five million visitors a year. Delight yourself with a relaxing dinner at one of the numerous restaurants or cafes that line the river. Spice it up by visiting one of the numerous night spots or enjoying the sounds of mariachis and other live music. Adults and children enjoy floating on river boats piloted by San Antonio's humorous tour guides. The River Walk is the perfect place to hang out with family or sit quietly with your date while you enjoy the sounds of a bubbling waterfall.
- Sightseeing: "Make sure to go for a boat ride to get the full experience and learn a little bit about San Antonio's rich history."
- Romantic Things to Do: "Take a romantic stroll along the river, then stop in at one of the many bars or restaurants for a few drinks and exceptional dinner. Biga on the Banks and Boudro's are popular options."
- Things to Do in December: "Enjoy a great meal at one of the renowned River Walk restaurants, such as Biga on the Banks or Boudro's."
- Outdoor Activities: "If walking along the northern extension part of the River Walk, just across from the San Antonio Museum of art, stop by the Luxury for a cold brew and sit on their swings big enough for two."
- Historic Sites, Attractions near AT&T Center: "If it is a warm day, become a part of local culture by choosing a restaurant with an outdoor patio. Next, sip a margarita in the sunshine. Ask your server for chips and salsa to compliment your drink."
- Best for Sightseeing Because: The Riverwalk is quintessentially San Antonio, complete with amazing restaurants, bars, shops, palm trees, boats, river ducks and endless festivities.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Regardless of the time of the year, the river walk is always the best place to inspire romance.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: With hundreds of thousands of twinkling lights, music and good cheer, the River Walk is a must this time of year.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Newly opened, the San Pedro Creek Culture Park is a gorgeous place to take your honey on a stroll.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: The river walk is one of the most popular historical sites in the city and should not be overlooked.
- Best for Attractions near AT&T Center Because: To get a full sense of what San Antonio is all about, the riverwalk is the place to be.