Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Kimberly Suta
Photo courtesy of Carmens de la Calle Cafe
Carmens de la Calle Cafe is a colorful European-inspired cafe with live entertainment every weekend. Some might call this place cramped but with their sexy ambiance and warm decor, you don't really... Read More
Carmens de la Calle Cafe is a colorful European-inspired cafe with live entertainment every weekend. Some might call this place cramped but with their sexy ambiance and warm decor, you don't really care. Carmens is also known for their authentic and delicious tapas bar of globally-inspired dishes. Favorites might include paella or their exceptional empanadas, such as beef picadillo and poblano roasted chicken. Carmens provides the perfect intimate atmosphere for a chill evening with friends or that special someone. Friday nights they offer live Flamenco music and dancing, which is a rare find in the city. Saturday nights vary. You might hear some live world music or a showcase of singer/songwriters, for example. The point is for a one-of-a-kind low key venue for live music, Carmens should be at the top of your list, but just make sure to get there early so get a good table.
- Restaurant: Thu-Sat 6pm-Midnight
- Music: Thu-Sat 8:30pm-Close
- Cover Charged with Entertainment: $5 - $10
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: Carmen's is a great place for an intimate evening with someone special.
- Best for Bars Because: Although not your usual bar, this is a great place to hang out with friends and enjoy live music and great Sangria.
- Best for Live Music Because: Carmens is a cool downtown venue with live music, great food and comfortable seating.