Explore San Antonio
Cuisine: American, Fusion, New American, Pizza
Price Range: $
Barbaro isn't just any pizza joint, think of it more as a pizza speakeasy, a neighborhood bar that features craft beer and absolutely fantastic pizza, salads and desserts showcasing the finest... Read More
Barbaro isn't just any pizza joint, think of it more as a pizza speakeasy, a neighborhood bar that features craft beer and absolutely fantastic pizza, salads and desserts showcasing the finest ingredients in combinations you wouldn't come up with on your own but make perfect sense once they're on your palette. If pizza had its own Oscar's, Barbaro's would be the Scarlet Johansson of the evening, sexy, sophisticated, clever and unique. We'd like to add cheesy, but you get our meaning. Barbaro's recently moved into the quaint Monte Vista neighborhood next to Lilly's cookies on McCullough and is yet another brilliant culinary creation birthed by the restaurateurs of The Monterey and Hot Joy.
- Best Restaurants for Fall: "According to Barbaro, they offer the best darn happy hour in town every day from 3 to 6 PM, with 50% off select beverages. They're also open late during the week, for a much better choice than national chains."
- Monte Vista's Best Restaurants: "Also known for their drinks."
- Late Night, Pizza, Italian: "If you like mushrooms, you will love the Lobster and Oyster Mushrooms Pizza, made with fior de latte, boucheron, porcini oil and chives!"
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Fall Because: It's never the wrong time for pizza, especially Barbaro's rustic wood-fired pizza.
- Best for Monte Vista's Best Restaurants Because: Where pizza is concerned, it doesn't matter if you're in the 'hood or not, go to Barbaro!
- Best for Late Night Because: What's better late at night than some gourmet pizza and a few brews, and Barbaro doesn't disappoint!
- Best for Pizza Because: Barbaro is an intimate space that gets lively in the evenings, but is a great place to grab a bite.
- Best for Italian Because: Although Barbaro strays outside of what is considered traditional Italian pizza, there's no denying they make some of the best pies in town!