Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
La Fonda is the oldest Mexican restaurant in San Antonio. Established in 1932, the restaurant has served at least two American presidents (Teddy Roosevelt and Lyndon B Johnson). However, their... Read More
La Fonda is the oldest Mexican restaurant in San Antonio. Established in 1932, the restaurant has served at least two American presidents (Teddy Roosevelt and Lyndon B Johnson). However, their primary focus is on serving the city of San Antonio and the locals love this place! The restaurant serves Tex-Mex as well as interior Mexican foods. In a casual atmosphere with colorful decorations, diners relax and enjoy themselves. From the Espinaca Omelet to Migas La Fonda, you will find the perfect Tex-Mex brunch here. You'll also find traditional sides in the form of hasbrowns and a fruit cup available.
- Monte Vista's Best Restaurants: "Request a seat on the patio."
- Outdoor Dining: "The grilled Heritage pork belly with orange confit and thyme is absolutely to die for!"
- Tex-Mex: "They offer deliciously healthy daily specials."
- Mexican, Breakfast/Brunch: "Sunday brunch outside? You bet! Ask for outdoor seating if you like."
- Best for Monte Vista's Best Restaurants Because: La Fonda is a local's hang out for good, clean and delicious Mexican cuisine.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Feast is a fun, hip joint - just the kind of place to be seen in (or outside) San Antonio.
- Best for Tex-Mex Because: La Fonda's is a family-owned Tex-Mex restaurant and won't disappoint any traveler.
- Best for Mexican Because: La Fonda is a tradition in San Antonio because it serves up some of the best Mexican food in town.
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: La Fonda on Main puts a unique Mexican twist on your brunch, along with some fabulous drinks.