Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
La Fonda is one of the prettiest restaurants in the city, with its white stucco and gorgeous patio covered by a giant oak tree. Sipping a margarita and eating La Fonda's signature salsa that tastes as... Read More
La Fonda is one of the prettiest restaurants in the city, with its white stucco and gorgeous patio covered by a giant oak tree. Sipping a margarita and eating La Fonda's signature salsa that tastes as if the ingredients were picked fresh that day, you feel like you just might be in Mexico. Although this delicious Tex-Mex restaurant has all of your favorites, the level of quality that La Fonda's is known for makes the meal as guilt-free as possible. Some local favorites are the Chile Relleno, the Shrimp Enchiladas and the Fish Tacos, which comes with a zesty salad and a spicy grilled jalepeno. If you have the appetite, be sure to start the meal out right with some of their addictive queso or homemade guacamole!
- Tex-Mex: "They offer deliciously healthy daily specials."
- Mexican, Breakfast/Brunch: "Sunday brunch outside? You bet! Ask for outdoor seating if you like."
- Best Restaurants for Fall: "Sunday brunch outside? You bet! Ask for outdoor seating if you like."
- Monte Vista's Best Restaurants: "Request a seat on the patio."
- Best for Tex-Mex Because: La Fonda's is a family-owned Tex-Mex restaurant and won't disappoint any traveler.
- Best for Mexican Because: La Fonda is a tradition in San Antonio because it serves up some of the best Mexican food in town.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Fall Because: La Fonda has one of the most beautiful patios in the city. Sit under their gorgeous tree and enjoy a margarita with friends.
- Best for Monte Vista's Best Restaurants Because: La Fonda is a local's hang out for good, clean and delicious Mexican cuisine.
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: La Fonda on Main puts a unique Mexican twist on your brunch, along with some fabulous drinks.