Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
La Fonda on Main
Cuisine: American, Latin, Mexican, Tex-Mex
Price Range: $
La Fonda is the oldest Mexican restaurant in San Antonio. Established in 1932, the restaurant has served at least two American presidents (Teddy Roosevelt and Lyndon B Johnson). However, their... Read More
La Fonda is the oldest Mexican restaurant in San Antonio. Established in 1932, the restaurant has served at least two American presidents (Teddy Roosevelt and Lyndon B Johnson). However, their primary focus is on serving the city of San Antonio and the locals love this place! The restaurant serves Tex-Mex as well as interior Mexican foods. In a casual atmosphere with colorful decorations, diners relax and enjoy themselves. From the Espinaca Omelet to Migas La Fonda, you will find the perfect Tex-Mex brunch here. You'll also find traditional sides in the form of hashbrowns and a fruit cup available. However, make sure to ask to sit outside on their patio and don't forget to order a margarita!
- Mexican: "The fish tacos are a must, but be sure to ask for some avocado on top. Perfecto!"
- Monte Vista's Best Restaurants: "Request a seat on the patio."
- Outdoor Dining: "The grilled Heritage pork belly with orange confit and thyme is absolutely to die for!"
- Tex-Mex: "They offer deliciously healthy daily specials."
- Breakfast/Brunch: "Sunday brunch outside? You bet! Ask for outdoor seating if you like."
- Best for Mexican Because: La Fonda is a tradition in San Antonio because it serves up some of the best Mexican food in town.
- Best for Monte Vista's Best Restaurants Because: La Fonda is a local's hang out for good, clean and delicious Mexican cuisine.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Feast is a fun, hip joint - just the kind of place to be seen in (or outside) San Antonio.
- Best for Tex-Mex Because: La Fonda's is a family-owned Tex-Mex restaurant and won't disappoint any traveler.
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: La Fonda on Main puts a unique Mexican twist on your brunch, along with some fabulous drinks.