Explore San Antonio
La Fonda on Main
Cuisine: American, Latin, Mexican, Tex-Mex
Price Range: $
La Fonda is the oldest Mexican restaurant in San Antonio. Established in 1932, the restaurant has served at least two American presidents (Teddy Roosevelt and Lyndon B Johnson). However, their... Read More
La Fonda is the oldest Mexican restaurant in San Antonio. Established in 1932, the restaurant has served at least two American presidents (Teddy Roosevelt and Lyndon B Johnson). However, their primary focus is on serving the city of San Antonio and the locals love this place! The restaurant serves Tex-Mex as well as interior Mexican foods. In a casual atmosphere with colorful decorations, diners relax and enjoy themselves. From the Espinaca Omelet to Migas La Fonda, you will find the perfect Tex-Mex brunch here. You'll also find traditional sides in the form of hashbrowns and a fruit cup available. However, make sure to ask to sit outside on their patio and don't forget to order a margarita!
- Mexican: "Order the chef's special for something different you can't find everyday, typically made with seasonal produce."
- Best Restaurants: "La Fonda's patio is one of the most spacious and gorgeous in town, so make sure to ask for a table outside."
- Outdoor Dining: "Their fresh fish tacos, made with chipotle mayo, napa cabbage slaw and salsa cruda are some of the best in the city!"
- Seafood: "You can't visit San Antonio without having some fish tacos, and it doesn't get any better than this! Made with delicate blackened Mahi, handmade corn tortillas, chipotle-mayo and a napa cabbage slaw, they're so satisfying and refreshing."
- Tex-Mex: "Make sure to visit on a nice day and request patio seating, along with an order of their fresh, yummy guacamole!"
- Best Restaurants for Spring: "Their fish tacos are a must for seafood lovers... light, refreshing and full of flavor!"
- Monte Vista's Best Restaurants: "Request a seat on the patio."
- Breakfast/Brunch: "Sunday brunch outside? You bet! Ask for outdoor seating if you like."
- Best for Mexican Because: La Fonda is a tradition in San Antonio because it serves up some of the best Mexican food in town.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: La Fonda has been around awhile and can be relied upon for upscale Mexican food and creative daily specials.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: La Fonda truly has one of the most luxuriant patios in the city and fresh, affordable upscale Mexican food.
- Best for Seafood Because: La Fonda is a neighborhood staple and creates fresh, flavorful Tex-Mex in a beautiful atmosphere.
- Best for Tex-Mex Because: La Fonda's is a family-owned Tex-Mex restaurant and won't disappoint any traveler. Known for more healthier options than most.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Spring Because: La Fonda has one of the prettiest patios in town, great margaritas and superb Tex-Mex cuisine.
- Best for Monte Vista's Best Restaurants Because: La Fonda is a local's hang out for good, clean and delicious Mexican cuisine.
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: La Fonda on Main puts a unique Mexican twist on your brunch, along with some fabulous drinks.