Explore San Antonio
La Fonda on Main
Cuisine: American, Latin, Mexican, Tex-Mex
Price Range: $
La Fonda is one of the prettiest restaurants in the city, with its white stucco and gorgeous patio covered by a giant oak tree. Sipping a margarita and eating La Fonda's signature salsa that tastes as... Read More
La Fonda is one of the prettiest restaurants in the city, with its white stucco and gorgeous patio covered by a giant oak tree. Sipping a margarita and eating La Fonda's signature salsa that tastes as if the ingredients were picked fresh that day, you feel like you just might be in Mexico. Although this delicious Tex-Mex restaurant has all of your favorites, the level of quality that La Fonda's is known for makes the meal as guilt-free as possible. Some local favorites are the Chile Relleno, the Shrimp Enchiladas and the Fish Tacos, which comes with a zesty salad and a spicy grilled jalapeno. If you have the appetite, be sure to start the meal out right with some of their addictive queso or homemade guacamole!
- Tex-Mex: "Make sure to visit on a nice day and request patio seating, along with an order of their fresh, yummy guacamole!"
- Mexican: "Order the chef's special for something different you can't find everyday, typically made with seasonal produce."
- Best Restaurants: "La Fonda's patio is one of the most spacious and gorgeous in town, so make sure to ask for a table outside."
- Outdoor Dining: "Their fresh fish tacos, made with chipotle mayo, napa cabbage slaw and salsa cruda are some of the best in the city!"
- Seafood: "You can't visit San Antonio without having some fish tacos, and it doesn't get any better than this! Made with delicate blackened Mahi, handmade corn tortillas, chipotle-mayo and a napa cabbage slaw, they're so satisfying and refreshing."
- Best Restaurants for Spring: "Their fish tacos are a must for seafood lovers... light, refreshing and full of flavor!"
- Monte Vista's Best Restaurants: "Request a seat on the patio."
- Breakfast/Brunch: "Sunday brunch outside? You bet! Ask for outdoor seating if you like."
- Best for Tex-Mex Because: La Fonda's is a family-owned Tex-Mex restaurant and won't disappoint any traveler. Known for more healthier options than most.
- Best for Mexican Because: La Fonda is a tradition in San Antonio because it serves up some of the best Mexican food in town.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: La Fonda has been around awhile and can be relied upon for upscale Mexican food and creative daily specials.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: La Fonda truly has one of the most luxuriant patios in the city and fresh, affordable upscale Mexican food.
- Best for Seafood Because: La Fonda is a neighborhood staple and creates fresh, flavorful Tex-Mex in a beautiful atmosphere.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Spring Because: La Fonda has one of the prettiest patios in town, great margaritas and superb Tex-Mex cuisine.
- Best for Monte Vista's Best Restaurants Because: La Fonda is a local's hang out for good, clean and delicious Mexican cuisine.
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: La Fonda on Main puts a unique Mexican twist on your brunch, along with some fabulous drinks.