Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of La Gloria
Cuisine: Latin, Mexican
Price Range: $
Located along the gorgeous north extension of the River Walk at the famous Pearl Brewery, La Gloria has earned a name for itself as a vibrant cantina that serves traditional Mexican street food.... Read More
Located along the gorgeous north extension of the River Walk at the famous Pearl Brewery, La Gloria has earned a name for itself as a vibrant cantina that serves traditional Mexican street food. Renowned chef, Johnny Hernandez, truly made a name for himself with La Gloria. He's known for his ability to bring the rich, diverse flavors of Mexico to life in America. The extensive menu is full of delights you would normally find among the street vendors, taquerias, and kitchens of interior Mexico. La Gloria also has a lovely outdoor seating area with scenic views of the river. Inexpensive and perfect for large parties and festivities with friends and families, this eatery has become a favorite for locals and visitors alike. The best part is, if you don't get your fill, you can grab a bite to eat at their airport location on your way home!
- River Walk's Best Restaurants: "Hop on a riverboat tour, just a short walk from the restaurant. Look for the GO RIO Shuttle schedule signs along the river. Tours leave every hour, but it's recommended you purchase your tickets ahead of time, at least on weekends or during holidays."
- Waterfront Dining: "The street tacos or ceviche are always a safe bet! Try the battered fish tacos or Camarones Agua Chile (Shrimp in Fire Water) for a Tex-Mex treat."
- Mexican: "Can't get enough? Try one of Chef Hernandez' other restaurants in the city, including the new Burgerteca and La Fruiteria."
- Best for River Walk's Best Restaurants Because: La Gloria offers fun, fantastic Mexican street food that's as affordable as it is delicious.
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: La Gloria has a premium spot along the north end of the riverwalk with an exceptional view and affordable Tex-Mex.
- Best for Mexican Because: Located at the Pearl Brewery, La Gloria is a great place to taste a little bit of authentic Mexico.