Explore San Antonio
Cuisine: American, Eclectic, European, Local Specialty, New American
Price Range: $$
It's difficult to explain what an exceptionally delightful experience Outlaw Kitchens provides without experiencing it for yourself. Tucked away in one of San Antonio's quaint neighborhoods, just a... Read More
It's difficult to explain what an exceptionally delightful experience Outlaw Kitchens provides without experiencing it for yourself. Tucked away in one of San Antonio's quaint neighborhoods, just a few minutes north of downtown, this husband and wife duo have created a restaurant that is truly one-of-a-kind. Chef Sartory has decades of experience as a chef. He both graduated and taught at the CIA, and yet there's no pomp and circumstance here. In fact, guests compare it to having dinner at a friend's house who happens to be a really, really good cook. The restaurant menu changes every few days and is available a la carte or as a 3-course prix fixe, including an appetizer, entree and dessert. Choices are limited, so be sure to check the website ahead of time, although it's fun to be surprised here. Dishes range from seared Scottish Salmon and Vegetable Lasagna to Pan-Seared Chicken stuffed with shrimp and spinach or Goat Mac-N-Cheese. From the historic building to the herb garden that gets utilized in the dishes, not to mention the charming patio, Outlaw Kitchens simply shines on every level.
- Best Restaurants: "Do yourself a favor and order the prix fixe. You won't regret it!"
- Seafood: "The offerings are constantly changing, so be sure to check out the menu online to make sure it's to your liking."
- Best Restaurants for Spring: "The owners recommend making reservations, although sometimes you can get a table last minute."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: An exceptional neighborhood eatery that makes everyone feel like a long-time friend.
- Best for Seafood Because: Outlaw Kitchens offers a taste of the San Antonio lifestyle with a cozy neighborhood vibe and exceptional cuisine.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Spring Because: Outlaw Kitchens has a beautiful patio, superb cuisine and friendly staff. It's the perfect place to enjoy a spring dinner.