Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Southtown, San Antonio's arts district which abuts the King William District, one of the most historic neighborhoods in the city, is a prime site-seeing location. In Southtown you'll find local arts... Read More
Southtown, San Antonio's arts district which abuts the King William District, one of the most historic neighborhoods in the city, is a prime site-seeing location. In Southtown you'll find local arts and local artists. Galleries line the main thoroughfare, Alamo Street, with Blue Star being one of the coolest places to visit. Blue Star not only has a contemporary arts center, but restaurants, bars, shops, theatres, more galleries and lofts which are inhabited by, you guessed it, artists. In recent years, this district's been booming with some of the most unique gift shops, restaurants, bars and businesses in San Antonio. It's beloved by locals, who think of Southtown as a small town within the big city. You may not call it home, but once you see it, you'll wish you did!
- Outdoor Activities, Historic Sites: "Be sure to check out the residential part of the Riverwalk in this neighborhood. It's a gorgeous stretch of the river lined with all types of trees and other vegetation. You'll most likely be greeted by some hungry ducks so bring some bread!"
- Romantic Things to Do: "Southtown has some of the best restaurants and nightlife in the city."
- Things to Do in December: "Keep an eye out for great art galleries."
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Urbanites will enjoy this arts district. Rent some bikes and explore the neighborhood. You can hop on the riverwalk from several places in the neighborhood.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Southtown is a great part of town to explore with a loved one, including all of the historic homes in King William.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: Southtown is a fun place to shop and eat at during the holidays.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: Southtown and the King William Districts have been around since the inception of this city and are fun to explore.