Explore San Antonio
Cuisine: American, European, Italian, New American
Price Range: $$
The reputation of Battalion, a new American Italian restaurant, precedes it as one of the three outstanding restaurants launched by Andrew Goodman and Chef Stefan Bowers. Located in a historic... Read More
The reputation of Battalion, a new American Italian restaurant, precedes it as one of the three outstanding restaurants launched by Andrew Goodman and Chef Stefan Bowers. Located in a historic building in Southtown that was once a fire station, it has since been transformed into one of the coolest, classiest joints in town. With exacting modern Italian dishes and a true Italian pasta chef making housemade pasta every day, Battalion should be at the top of everyone's list for dinner or even a few cocktails and appetizers before a night out. Here, they merge contemporary cooking with old-world flavors in a fancy, fun environment. The interior was lovingly designed by Mr. Goodman himself to facilitate a good, rowdy, delicious time. Battalion is most definitely upscale, but it's not just a special occasion restaurant unless you want it to be!
- Best Restaurants: "A great choice for those who support the slow food movement, as they source their veggies from an independent Texas farm."
- Outdoor Dining: "The cuisine, service and ambiance of this historic building on the edge of downtown makes it an ideal choice for any special occasion or date night!"
- Romantic Dining: "Parking can be a challenge in this neighborhood, so keep an eye out for signage so you don't get towed."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Battalion is on everyone's list as one of the best in the city. Not to be missed, especially if you love Italian.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Battalion just expanded their patio, so you can enjoy some of the best Italian food in the fresh San Antonio air.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: With sexy decor, boozy drinks and modern Italian cuisine, you are guaranteed a second date!