Cuisine: European, French
Price Range: $$$
For that rare special romantic evening, a dinner at suave Le Normandie is at the top of the Bangkok dining scene. This classy French restaurant on the top floor of The Oriental Hotel is a Bangkok... Read More
For that rare special romantic evening, a dinner at suave Le Normandie is at the top of the Bangkok dining scene. This classy French restaurant on the top floor of The Oriental Hotel is a Bangkok institution and had been awarded two stars by the Bangkok Michelin Guide. Fois gras and roasted Sisteron rack of lamb are just some of the menu highlights prepared by the visiting French master chefs in residence here, all taken in amidst elegance with views of the Chao Phraya River to boot. While dinner here is an absolute bank breaker, the set lunch provides a way for paupers to dine like princes and indulge in Bangkok's most sophisticated restaurant. A three course set menu goes for the steal of 1050 baht and introduces you to some world class cuisine.
- Romantic Dining, Waterfront Dining, Restaurants with Michelin Stars, Lunch, Bangrak's Best Restaurants: "Reservations well in advance at Le Normandie are essential. If you aren't staying at the Oriental, the best way to get here is to take the Skytrain to the Saphan Taksin station and then hop aboard the Mandarin Oriental's free boat service along the Chao Phraya from the ferry pier."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: For a romantic splurge, fancy French on the river at Le Normandie is one of a kind.
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: For Bangkok's classiest riverside restaurant, you can't top Le Normandie
- Best for Restaurants with Michelin Stars Because: For classy and fine French, Le Normandie is a star attraction in Bangkok.
- Best for Lunch Because: For a sophisticated French lunch, Le Normandie is at the head of the list in Bangkok.
- Best for Bangrak's Best Restaurants Because: For top notch French food at the city's most elegant and stylish location, Le Normandie is tops.
Find the 10Best nearby: