Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
This hotel on the Chao Phraya River, popular with visiting celebrities, just oozes atmosphere and romantic charm, and it still sets the bar for high-end Bangkok accommodations. The Authors Residence... Read More
This hotel on the Chao Phraya River, popular with visiting celebrities, just oozes atmosphere and romantic charm, and it still sets the bar for high-end Bangkok accommodations. The Authors Residence suites, made famous by visiting luminaries such as Somerset Maugham, Noel Coward, and James Michener, are opulent and elegant affairs, with huge writing desks that look out upon the Chao Phraya. The spa across the river is a great place to get pampered and one of Bangkok's most romantic spots to share a couples' massage. The sumptuous breakfast buffet out on the riverfront will leave you hard pressed to eat more, but make sure to enjoy the onsite China House, Le Normandie, and Sala Rim Naam restaurants, all amongst the most romantic in town. If your pocketbook can manage it, easily Bangkok's most romantic place to stay.
48 Oriental Avenue
- Best for Romantic Hotels Because: For opulence, class service, and a romantic setting, you can't beat the Oriental.
- Best for Luxury Hotels Because: For service, elegant, and the optimum in luxury, the Mandarin Oriental remains Bangkok's best option.
- Recommended as Best Hotels Because: For the ultimate in service, location, elegance, and all else, you just can't top the Mandarin Oriental.
- Best for Family-Friendly Hotels Because: For service and true opulence for all family members, the Mandarin Oriental is Bangkok's best.
- Best for Bangrak's Best Hotels Because: For top class service, elegance, fine restaurants, and fantastic views, the Mandarin is the best in Bangkok.
— If you book a hotel by clicking one of our booking links, 10Best may earn a small commission.