Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Hong Teong Long
If you have an affinity for Chinese dumplings without breaking the bank, you have found nirvana at Hong Teong Long. This hole in the wall with red lanterns hanging outside, and waitresses who can... Read More
If you have an affinity for Chinese dumplings without breaking the bank, you have found nirvana at Hong Teong Long. This hole in the wall with red lanterns hanging outside, and waitresses who can barely speak Thai inside, specializes in Shanghai cuisine, and boy do they get their dumplings right. Look on every diner's table and you will see plates of xiaolongbao dumplings, both steamed and fried, that are filled with delicious juice, not too heavy, not overcooked, and will have you already scheduling your next visit. The menu isn't limited to dumplings either. There is a wonderful spicy cucumber and seaweed salad, a red pork dish to die for, and the drunken chicken will make you dizzy from joy. It may be a hole in the wall, but Hong Teong Long is full every night and for good reason.
- Best Value, Late Night, Chinese, Homestyle, Bangrak's Best Restaurants, Asian: "the best way to find this out of the way location is to Skytrain to Chong Nonsi, walk north up to Silom, cross the road and go through the ITF Tower building, turn right, walk 100 meters to the next corner, and then left, you will see the red lanterns hanging across the street from the Ocean Insurance Building."
- Recommended as Best Value Because: For the hands down best dumplings in all Thailand, you have to experience Hong Teong Long.
- Best for Late Night Because: for the best Chinese dumplings in Bangkok, hole in the wall Hong Teong Long is number one.
- Best for Chinese, Asian Because: Hong Teong Long may not look like much, but it is the undisputed dumpling king of Thailand.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Hong Teong Long makes the best Chinese dumplings you will find in Bangkok!
- Best for Bangrak's Best Restaurants Because: Hong Teong Long may be a hole in the wall but makes the most knockout dumplings in Bangkok.