Also Featured In
Cuisine: Asian, Thai
Price Range: $
Classic Thai food is renowned world over, yet rarely does one find it presented in such an innovative way as at Paste. Paste Bangkok is the brainchild of Australian award winning chef Jason Bailey and... Read More
Classic Thai food is renowned world over, yet rarely does one find it presented in such an innovative way as at Paste. Paste Bangkok is the brainchild of Australian award winning chef Jason Bailey and his Thai partner Bongkoch "Bee" Satongun, who received acclaim for their Thai restaurants in Australia and then relocated to Bangkok, bringing creative and healthy food with them. Bailey now focuses on the business end and projects for Paste, while Satongun runs the kitchen, focusing on original Thai flavors and textures, with ingredients sourced fresh from the grower and best markets in the country. The restaurant received a Michelin star and Satongun has won chef of the year honors to go with a host of other awards. Traditional Thai food is done here with beautiful creative twists and a total attention to taste combinations enough to wow the most discerning diner. Try the exquisite Andaman lobster with crispy fish skin or the watermelon and ground salmon with betel leaves and shallots, both are heavenly. The restaurant used to have a branch over on Sukhumvit 49, but has relocated to the posh Gaysorn Plaza, bringing some refined truly refined dining to Bangkok's most elegant shopping plaza.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: For truly innovative and authentic fine dining Thai cuisine, Paste stands out.
- Best for Restaurants with Michelin Stars Because: For impeccably presented high end authentic Thai food, Paste is special.
- Best for Thai Because: For authentic Thai food with an innovative twist, Paste is superb.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: For fine Thai food using super healthy ingredients, Paste succeeds
- Best for Pathumwan's Best Restaurants Because: For outstanding Michelin-starred Thai cuisine in Pathumwan, Paste is well elevated!
- Best for Asian Because: For traditional Thai with flair, it's hard to beat Paste.