Explore U.S. Virgin Islands
Also Featured In
The Butterfly Garden
Type: Attractions, Family Friendly, Farms / Ranches
The Butterfly Garden is one of the top cruise ship attractions for families with small children, thanks to its convenient location right on the Havensight cruise ship dock and its population of... Read More
The Butterfly Garden is one of the top cruise ship attractions for families with small children, thanks to its convenient location right on the Havensight cruise ship dock and its population of hundreds of different species of butterflies. More than 1,000 of the brilliantly colored winged beauties inhabit the small 10,000-square-foot, mesh-enclosed, walk-through garden, including species from every continent. Tour guides and breeding boxes teach guests about the process of metamorphosis from egg to caterpillar to butterfly. Photographers may want to arrive in the afternoon, when the insects are more sluggish and easier to capture on film.
9016 Havensight Mall Suite 3
St Thomas, VI 00802
- Daily 8:30am-4pm
- Contact for Specific Dates and Times
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- Adult $12; Child (4-12) $6; Child (0-3) Free
- Attractions near Cruise Port - St. Thomas: "Early morning visitors can witness butterflies emerging from their chrysalises."
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port - St. Thomas Because: It is conveniently located in Havensight Mall, requiring no travel time or fares to get there.