Cuisine: British, European, Scottish
Seasonal local produce is the name of the game at The Kitchin. Chef Patron Tom Kitchin is a well-known celebrity chef and he won a Michelin star just six months after opening The Kitchin in 2006. The... Read More
Seasonal local produce is the name of the game at The Kitchin. Chef Patron Tom Kitchin is a well-known celebrity chef and he won a Michelin star just six months after opening The Kitchin in 2006. The restaurant has gone from strength to strength since then with a string of prestigious awards. This is the best of British cuisine influenced by French techniques and showcasing the finest Scottish ingredients. The service is nothing short of excellent and you'll find a top notch selection of wine to accompany your food. As you might expect, this is an expensive night out but lunches give you a taste of what it is all about on a lower budget.
- Best for Leith's Best Restaurants Because: Seasonal, local produce prepared by one of Scotland's best chefs makes the Kitchin hard to resist.
- Best for Lunch Because: For a taste of the high life treat yourself to a Michelin-starred lunch at the Kitchin.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: Impeccable Michelin-starred cuisine with a Scottish twist make the Kitchin one of Edinburgh's best fine dining establishments.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: The Kitchin offers the absolute cream of Scottish produce in a fine dining style that highlights the impressive skills of the eponymous chef.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: Great food in a wonderful location, close to the port.