Also Featured In
Our Dynamic Earth
Type: Family Friendly, Museums, Science Museums
This phenomenal museum celebrates the beauty of the earth via innovative technology. It is situated at the opposite end of the Old Town from the castle, near Holyrood Palace in the shadow of the crags... Read More
This phenomenal museum celebrates the beauty of the earth via innovative technology. It is situated at the opposite end of the Old Town from the castle, near Holyrood Palace in the shadow of the crags and Arthur's Seat. Interactive exhibits allow visitors to experience simulated earthquakes, tropical rainstorms, the ocean floor, ice ages, glaciers and mountains. Particularly interesting is the virtual tour around the eleven Earthscapes. It is educational fun for the whole family and can serve as a good introduction to concepts surrounding the formation of the planet, the creatures we share the earth with, and the growth of the human population.
- October to March 25th: Wed-Mon 10am-5:30pm
- 26th March to 4th November: Daily 10am-6:30pm
- July and August: Daily 10am-6pm
- Ticket Concessions Available; Adult £9.50; Senior £7.50; Child (3-15) £5.95; Child (0-2) Free
- Best for Museums Because: Our Dynamic Earth is sure to inspire, delight and educate.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Our Dynamic Earth is a great tourist attraction in a wonderful setting
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Great interactive displays and a child friendly café make Our Dynamic Earth the perfect place for a day out with the kids.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: Great interactive exhibits which are informative and fascinating make Our Dynamic Earth a great attraction for all of the family.