Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Simon Hill
National Museum of Scotland
Type: Attractions, City, Family Friendly, Free Attractions, History Museums, Museums
- Daily 10am-5pm
- Things to Do with Kids, Free Things to Do, Museums, Best Attractions & Activities, Sightseeing, Family-Friendly Museums: "There are lots of great, interactive activities for children and plenty to keep adults interested so this is fun for the whole family. Kids of all ages love the models of trains and engines because you can push a button to activate the displays."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Loads to see and do and a great café make the National Museum the best place to take your kids for a fun day out.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: For sheer variety and quality, the National Museum of Scotland is the best free attraction in Edinburgh.
- Best for Museums Because: The National Museum has a wonderful collection with more than enough to delight both young and old.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The National Museum of Scotland is a wonderful attraction with plenty to keep both young and old amused and entertained.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: With a host of fascinating exhibits and great interactive displays the National Museum of Scotland is one of Edinburgh's best attractions.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: Packed with interactive exhibits for all age groups the National Museum of Scotland is probably the best free attraction for families in Edinburgh.