Four Seasons in Seattle welcomes summer festivities with alluring food and drinks
Daily catches enliven the summer menu at ART — Photo courtesy of Courtesy ART Restaurant
There's no question about it; the folks at Four Seasons in Seattle know how to celebrate the good things in life–and they want you to come along for the ride. On-site, ART Restaurant serves up tasty urban Northwest cuisine year-round, welcoming guests into a warm and lively space right across from the Seattle Art Museum. At this time of year, however, things really heat up, as the city celebrates the bounty of seafood that blesses the region–as well as the building excitement about far-flung events taking place like the World Cup.
One of the restaurant's seasonal programs–Every Day's a Catch–means that chefs serve up a special dinner menu nightly from June 2 through Labor Day, highlighting different fresh seafood from the Pacific Northwest. The menu includes:
- Shuck It To Me Oyster Monday: baked, raw or fried, for example, paired with Prosecco and sparkling wines.
- Totally Tuna Tuesday: yellowtail, ahi, albacore or even ART’s take on a traditional tuna salad sandwich, paired with “2-way Pinot,” an Oregon and California Pinot flight.
- Wham, Bam, Thank You Clam Wednesday: mussels, Manila clams, fried razor clams and the Northwest’s famous gooey duck, paired with Skinny Chef Ale.
- Just For The Halibut Thursday: from halibut cheeks to fillet steaks, paired with a fine rose from ART’s “You Make me Blush” wine menu.
- Thank Cod It’s Friday: Skinny Chef Ale cod & chips and cod fingers, paired with Skinny Chef Ale.
- Cracked Crab Saturday: king crab, Dungeness and snow crab, paired with an old or new world Riesling.
- Salmon Enchanted Sunday: think all things salmon, with local spices (a special night for 50% off the wine list).
Additionally, each night from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., in the lobby of Four Seasons Hotel Seattle–and just outside the entrance to ART–guests can get a taste of the evening’s "Every Day's a Catch" special menu at a mini-popup stand. Seafood lovers will enjoy a mix of complimentary bites, like cod fritters with Skinny Chef Ale, while other items are available for purchase like Shuck it for a Buck.
ART serves a special World Cup TV lunch featuring Brazilian street food — Photo courtesy of Courtesy ART Restaurant
As if these culinary celebrations weren't enough, ART also gets in on the summer sports action to help guests celebrate the world's most watched sporting event–the World Cup– from June 12 through July 13. Guests will be delighted to try Chef Jelle Vandenbroucke's special Market TV Tray featuring South American street food–specifically coming from Portuguese-speaking countries.
First, there's Caldo verde, Portuguese potato soup with collard greens and Linguiça (a traditional Portuguese smoke-cured sausage spiced with paprika and garlic), followed by the Bolinho de arroz, wild rice fritters with cilantro chili sauce for dipping.
The main course consists of a churrasco sandwich–chimichurri ("grilled over hot coals") steak on a bed of arugula and spiced with red vinegar, garlic, oil and red onions (on half a baguette). The finale comes in the form of passion fruit cheesecake with guava sauce and topped with Brazilian colors.
To fete the World Cup, other treats include
Tara’s Ice Cream flavors like the #10 Pele’s Carnival sherbet; Lizzie’s “spot of tea” ice cream; Franz Beckenbauer ice cream and a World Cup Sundae. To sate one's thirst, try special cocktails like the Coup D’or and Brazilian Caipirinha. The bar menu will also highlight beers from competing countries (from Newcastle and Peroni to Skinny Chef Ale and Estrella).
These are only a few of the ways ART rings in this year's sun-kissed season. Also be on the look for a new "snack bike" in the hotel, Wine Wednesdays and cocktails and coffee drinks made using custom ice. Cheers to summer!