Also Featured In
Type: Attractions, Beaches, Family Friendly, Outdoor Activities, Outdoor Activities - Summer, Parks
- Free Things to Do: "Although bonfires are permitted here, they must be built inside official fire pits (which fill quickly on summer evenings). Pick up picnic provisions from Red Mill Burgers or Un Bien (for fabulous Caribbean sandwiches; their hours vary, depending on the season!)."
- Romantic Things to Do: "Afterward, grab a meal at Ray's Boathouse or one of Ballard's countless alluring eateries (Bastille, Stoneburner, Noble Fir, San Fermo and so on)."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Before or after you've dug your toes in the sand, grab a bite at nearby Ray's Boathouse, known for its stellar sunsets and delicious seafood dishes."
- Sightseeing, Beaches: "In the summer, keep your eyes peeled for the amazing, monthtly bonfire concert series."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: One of Seattle's best features, Golden Gardens is located on Puget Sound. The beach offers extraordinary Olympic Mountains views (even from the parking lot).
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: West of Ballard, visitors find one of Seattle's urban park gems, ideal for cold-weather strolls and warm-weather picnics and bonfires.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Relish one of Seattle's best gems: Golden Gardens beach, a popular public park that offers extraordinary views of the water and nearby Olympic Mountains.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Golden Gardens beach proves the perfect natural attraction at which to stroll, picnic, get active or cozy up by a roaring bonfire.
- Best for Beaches Because: Golden Gardens offers a beautiful beach with stunning mountain views. Volleyball, parks and an off-leash dog area attract all types of guests.