Photo courtesy of Corinne Whiting
Type: Attractions, Beaches, Family Friendly, Outdoor Activities, Outdoor Activities - Summer, Parks
- Free Things to Do: "Although bonfires are permitted here, they must be built inside official fire pits (which fill quickly on summer evenings). Pick up picnic provisions from Red Mill Burgers or Un Bien (for fabulous Caribbean sandwiches; their hours vary, depending on the season!). Ray's Boathouse is a perfect nearby venue for a post-beach meal, too."
- Romantic Things to Do: "If picking up provisions to enjoy on the beach, consider supporting local Ballard restaurants. Intentionalist.com is one excellent resource to use."
- Things to Do in December: "If you're craving a bite or beverage after your beach stroll, consider Ballard breweries like Populuxe and Stoup, takeout from one of the many venues lining Ballard Ave or the heated patio of Brimmer & Heeltap, where seasonal specials will keep you coming back for more."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Before or after you've dug your toes in the sand, grab a bite at nearby Ray's Boathouse, known for its stellar sunsets and delicious seafood dishes."
- Sightseeing, Beaches: "In the summer, keep your eyes peeled for the amazing, monthtly bonfire concert series."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: One of Seattle's best features, Golden Gardens is located on Puget Sound. The beach offers extraordinary Olympic Mountains views (even from the parking lot).
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Take a walk, or a celebratory picnic, to this public park on Puget Sound that offers extraordinary views of the water and nearby Olympic Mountains.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: West of Ballard, visitors find one of the locals' favorite finds in any season: Golden Gardens beach, which offers tranquil views of Puget Sound.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Relish one of Seattle's best gems: Golden Gardens beach, a popular public park that offers extraordinary views of the water and nearby Olympic Mountains.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Golden Gardens beach proves the perfect natural attraction at which to stroll, picnic, get active or cozy up by a roaring bonfire.
- Best for Beaches Because: Golden Gardens offers a beautiful beach with stunning mountain views. Volleyball, parks and an off-leash dog area attract all types of guests.