Type: Attractions, Beaches, Family Friendly, Outdoor Activities, Outdoor Activities - Summer, Parks
West of Ballard, visitors find one of Seattle's best treasures in any season: Golden Gardens beach. Located on Puget Sound, this popular public park offers extraordinary views of the water and the... Read More
West of Ballard, visitors find one of Seattle's best treasures in any season: Golden Gardens beach. Located on Puget Sound, this popular public park offers extraordinary views of the water and the nearby Olympic Mountains. The park includes wetlands, beaches, hiking trails, as well as picnic and playground areas. The park is bisected by the BNSF Scenic Subdivision railway line. Golden Gardens offers strolls along a rugged coastline, hikes through forest trails, sunbathing on sandy beaches, fishing from a pier and a boat launch. In summer months, sandy volleyball courts fill with active folks, while the waters fill with swimmers, kite-surfers, kayakers, sailors and other nautically-inclined guests. Nighttime brings beach bonfires and the occasional impromptu concert. The park is also home to an off-leash area for dogs in the upper northern portion of the park.
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Before or after you've dug your toes in the sand, grab a bite at nearby Ray's Boathouse, known for its stellar sunsets and delicious seafood dishes. Better yet, pick up Uneeda burgers or picnic goods from Marketime Foods in Fremont, or swing by Un Bien on the way to the beach."
- Romantic Things to Do: "If picking up provisions to enjoy on the beach, consider supporting local Ballard restaurants. Intentionalist.com is one excellent resource to use."
- Things to Do in December: "If you're craving a bite or beverage after your beach stroll, consider Ballard breweries like Stoup, takeout from one of the many venues lining Ballard Ave or the heated patio of Brimmer & Heeltap, where seasonal specials will keep you coming back for more."
- Free Things to Do: "Although bonfires are permitted here, they must be built inside official fire pits (which fill quickly on summer evenings). Pick up picnic provisions from Red Mill Burgers or Un Bien (for fabulous Caribbean sandwiches; their hours vary, depending on the season!). Ray's Boathouse is a perfect nearby venue for a post-beach meal, too."
- Sightseeing, Beaches: "In the summer, keep your eyes peeled for the amazing, monthtly bonfire concert series."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Relish one of Seattle's best gems: Golden Gardens beach, a popular public park that offers extraordinary views of the water and the nearby Olympic Mountains.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Stroll or enjoy a celebratory picnic at this public park on Puget Sound that offers extraordinary views of the water and nearby Olympic Mountains.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: West of Ballard, visitors find one of the locals' favorite finds in any season: Golden Gardens beach, which offers tranquil views of Puget Sound.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: One of Seattle's best features, Golden Gardens is located on Puget Sound. The beach offers extraordinary Olympic Mountains views (even from the parking lot).
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Golden Gardens beach proves the perfect natural attraction at which to stroll, picnic, get active or cozy up by a roaring bonfire.
- Best for Beaches Because: Golden Gardens offers a beautiful beach with stunning mountain views. Volleyball, parks and an off-leash dog area attract all types of guests.
Find the 10Best nearby: