Also Featured In
Type: Attractions, Beaches, Family Friendly, Outdoor Activities, Outdoor Activities - Summer, Parks
West of Ballard, visitors find one of Seattle's best gems: Golden Gardens beach. Located on Puget Sound, this popular public park offers extraordinary views of the water and the nearby Olympic... Read More
West of Ballard, visitors find one of Seattle's best gems: Golden Gardens beach. Located on Puget Sound, this popular public park offers extraordinary views of the water and the nearby Olympic Mountains. The park includes wetlands, beaches, hiking trails, as well as picnic and playground areas. The park is bisected by the BNSF Scenic Subdivision railway line. Golden Gardens offers strolls along a rugged coastline, hikes through forest trails, sunbathing on sandy beaches, fishing from a pier and a boat launch. In summer months, sandy volleyball courts fill with active folks, while the waters fill with swimmers, kite-surfers, kayakers, sailors and other nautically-inclined guests. The park is also home to an off-leash area for dogs in the upper northern portion of the park.
- Free Things to Do: "Although bonfires are permitted here, they must be built inside official fire pits (which fill quickly on summer evenings). Pick up picnic provisions from Red Mill Burgers or Un Bien (for fabulous Caribbean sandwiches; their hours vary, depending on the season!)."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Before or after you've dug your toes in the sand, grab a bite at nearby Ray's Boathouse, known for its stellar sunsets and delicious seafood dishes."
- Sightseeing, Beaches: "In the summer, keep your eyes peeled for the amazing, monthtly bonfire concert series."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: One of Seattle's best features, Golden Gardens is located on Puget Sound. The beach offers extraordinary views of the distant peaks of the Olympic Mountains.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Relish one of Seattle's best-kept secrets: Golden Gardens beach, a popular public park that offers extraordinary views of the water and nearby Olympic Mountains.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Golden Gardens beach proves the perfect natural attraction at which to stroll, picnic, get active or cozy up by a roaring bonfire.
- Best for Beaches Because: Golden Gardens offers a beautiful beach with stunning mountain views. Volleyball, parks and an off-leash dog area attract all types of guests.