Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Courtesy Visit Bellevue
Bellevue Botanical Garden
From dawn to dusk, wander this urban refuge that includes 53 acres of beautifully cultivated gardens, restored woodlands and natural wetlands. The city of Bellevue maintains the facility, keeping it... Read More
From dawn to dusk, wander this urban refuge that includes 53 acres of beautifully cultivated gardens, restored woodlands and natural wetlands. The city of Bellevue maintains the facility, keeping it in impeccable shape year-round. Explore unspoiled woodlands, Japanese gardens and the conservation area. Don't forget to browse the garden lovers' gift shop or the botanical library, which has hundreds of books in stock. Through October, take a free, 1-hour docent-led tour on Saturdays and Sundays (donations encouraged). Throughout the year, be on the lookout for special events from arts-centric gatherings to enticing seasonal events that illuminate the green spaces around the holidays.
- Daily: dawn-dusk
- Visitor: Center; Daily; 9am-4pm
- Gift: Shop; Daily; 10am-3:30pm
- Things to Do in Fall: "If in Bellevue, also check out the expansion of the Meydenbauer Bay Park, located a few blocks from downtown Bellevue. Here you'll find a swimming beach, boat launch, picnic areas, children's play area, beach house and 400-foot curved pier. The park also includes REI's Boathouse (opened in May 2019), from which you can rent stand-up paddleboards, canoes, kayaks and pedal boats to take out onto Lake Washington."
- Bellevue's Best Attractions & Activities: "There's no fee to visit the gardens, and from May 1 through October 31, an espresso cart offers coffee, tea and baked goods in the Shorts House."
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: On the Eastside, wander this sprawling urban refuge that includes 53 acres of cultivated gardens, restored woodlands and natural wetlands
- Best for Bellevue's Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Bellevue Botanical Garden is an urban refuge, consisting of 53 acres of cultivated gardens, restored woodlands and natural wetlands.