Type: Dance Club, Live Entertainment
Located in the historic Oddfellows building, Century Ballroom's vintage locale perfectly suits its mission: to keep ballroom and social dancing a thriving part of the Seattle nightlife scene. If the... Read More
Located in the historic Oddfellows building, Century Ballroom's vintage locale perfectly suits its mission: to keep ballroom and social dancing a thriving part of the Seattle nightlife scene. If the venue's popularity is any indicator, the mission is succeeding. The elaborately renovated ballroom space (with a 2,000-square-foot dance floor) is the place in the city to revive the grand days of formal evenings out on the town. Dance nights, often with live music, set the perfect tone with dining, drinks and dancing under the same roof. Meals and a full bar are available right across the hallway at the Tin Table. Whether you enjoy salsa, swing, tango, tap or burlesque, Century Ballroom or the adjacent East Hall offers all that and more. And for those who need instruction or just a chance to brush up on their rug-cutting skills, Century Ballroom hosts fun and friendly classes and lessons.
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the business for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Ballroom Cover Charge: Free - $12
- Dance Clubs: "Far from a disco or nightclub, this classy historic ballroom nevertheless offers one of the best dance spots in the city. Also check out their series dance classes and one-off workshops."
- Best Nightlife: "Check the calendar for nights featuring everything from bachata and tango to swing and burlesque."
- Best for Dance Clubs Because: Century Ballroom is a Capitol Hill mecca for the dancing crowd; come here from every genre from tap and tango to swing and burlesque.
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: Century Ballroom fills its 2,000-square-foot-dance floor with music and moves; think dance nights and live music.