Cuisine: Ethnic, European, Greek
On the ever-evolving Capitol Hill restaurant circuit, Omega Ouzeri continues to whisk diners away to the rich flavors, welcoming vibes and cool hues of the Mediterranean; it's an experience you won't... Read More
On the ever-evolving Capitol Hill restaurant circuit, Omega Ouzeri continues to whisk diners away to the rich flavors, welcoming vibes and cool hues of the Mediterranean; it's an experience you won't want to miss. Executive Chef Zoi Antonitsas (Food & Wine's Best New Chef 2015) fills the menu with delectable Greek fare (authentic and contemporary), and the venue aims to "redefine traditional Greek recipes from earth and sea, around the long-standing tradition of mezedes � small portions, of exceptional food, to be shared by everyone around the table." Some of chef's favorite shareable dishes include Fava Santorini (fava: red onion, capers, evo, lemon), Kolokithokeftedes (zucchini fritters: graviera, mint, Aleppo aioli), Horiatiki (Greek salad: tomato, cucumber, pepper, feta, Kalamata olive, oregano), Keftedakia (grilled lamb meatballs: ouzo tomato jam, lemon yogurt, parsley, red onion, sumac) and Lavraki (whole, grilled Mediterranean sea bass: oregano-grilled lemon dressing). Diners will quickly fall for the welcoming venue's family-run feel and flavorful, inspiring dishes.
- New and Popular Restaurants: "On evenings the restaurant is closed, you can enjoy wonderful food and vibes at their sister business, Vios Cafe & Maketplace, at 19th and Aloha on Capitol Hill."
- Homestyle, Restaurants with Healthy Menus: "Keep your eyes peeled for special events like winemakers' dinners as well as the daily "Early Happy Hour" in the the bar from 5 to 6 p.m. and "Late Happy Hour" from 9 to 10 p.m."
- Best for New and Popular Restaurants Because: As part of the Capitol Hill lineup, Omega Ouzeri continues to whisk diners away to the rich flavors and welcoming vibes of the Mediterranean.
- Best for Homestyle Because: In Capitol Hill, Omega Ouzeri whisks diners away to the rich flavors and welcoming vibes of Greece with the eatery's delicious, sharable dishes.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: This delightful addition to the Capitol Hill lineup wows diners with the rich, heart-healthy flavors and the welcoming vibes of the Mediterranean.