Also Featured In
5th Avenue Theatre
Type: Cultural Venues, Performing Arts
The 5th Avenue Theatre is known as one of the nation's leading musical theater companies, especially for its production and development of new works. Since 2002, the Seattle-based company has produced... Read More
The 5th Avenue Theatre is known as one of the nation's leading musical theater companies, especially for its production and development of new works. Since 2002, the Seattle-based company has produced 17 new musicals. (To date, nine--including Disney's Aladdin-- have moved on to Broadway premieres, earning a combined 15 Tony Awards, including two for Best Musical--Hairspray and Memphis. The 5th Avenue Theatre also makes waves for its lauded productions of musicals from the contemporary canon and the Golden Age of Broadway. While the shows are sensational, the venue itself justifies a visit, too, thanks to a unique, Chinese-inspired design. (The exquisite theater opened in 1926 as a venue for vaudeville and film.) Upcoming productions include Austen's Pride (October 4 through October 27) and Mrs. Doubtfire (November 26 through December 29).
- Things to Do in Fall: "To avoid service fees, purchase tickets in person at the Box Office. (RN74 proves the perfect place to grab a pre-show meal or glass of wine.)"
- Romantic Things to Do: "Enjoy a romantic pre-theater meal or post-show drink at nearby gems like Matt's in the Market, Maximilien or Tulio Ristorante, inside the Kimpton Hotel Vintage."
- Things to Do in December: "To avoid service fees, purchase tickets in person at the Box Office. Nearby RN74 is a great spot to grab a bite before the show; check out their alluring happy hour menu that features "burger, baguettes, Burgundy and beer," among other delicious temptations."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "To avoid service fees ($9 per ticket for all Web and phone orders), purchase tickets in person at the Box Office."
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: Autumn is the perfect time to enjoy inspiring theater productions at 5th Avenue; "Come From Away" plays here from October 9 through November 4.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Enjoy a night on the town at 5th Avenue Theatre, known as one of the nation's leading musical theater companies.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: For a perfect family-friendly holiday outing, head to 5th Avenue Theatre, where "Annie" runs through December 30.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The 5th Avenue Theatre brings top-notch musical productions to an exquisite space that boasts a Chinese-inspired decor.