Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of SAM-Olympic Sculpture Park
Olympic Sculpture Park
Type: Art Museums, Museums, Parks
Olympic Sculpture Park: Stroll through the grounds and admire the fascinating large-scale works on display at this nine-acre green space. Extensive landscaping enhances the park's beauty, and a... Read More
Olympic Sculpture Park: Stroll through the grounds and admire the fascinating large-scale works on display at this nine-acre green space. Extensive landscaping enhances the park's beauty, and a walkway, extending from the beach to Belltown, provides views of the Puget Sound and of downtown landmarks. Among the pieces on view along the way is "Eye Benches I, II, III" by Louise Bourgeois, a series of functional carved-granite benches that take the form of giant eyeballs. Also here is a work from the height of famed sculptor Alexander Calder's career, "The Eagle" from 1971, a huge abstract steel sculpture in bright orange. Free public tours of the park are offered, and times and topics vary by season.
- Daily Sunrise-Sunset
Parking $5 - $22
- Romantic Things to Do: "Before or after wandering this dreamy urban sculpture park, head to the nearby Edgewater Hotel, where Six Seven Restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy a romantic meal or waterside cocktail."
- Outdoor Activities, Family-Friendly Museums, Attractions near Cruise Port, Parks, Attractions near KeyArena at Seattle Center, Beaches: "Although it's mostly an outdoor experience, the sculpture park features the PACCAR Pavilion, within which the Seattle Art Museum operates the SAM Shop at Olympic Sculpture Park. The shop offers a delightful and distinctive collection of artist multiples and art objects that serve as tasteful souvenirs of your visit here."
- Free Things to Do: "Although it's mostly an outdoor experience, the sculpture park features the PACCAR Pavilion, where the Seattle Art Museum operates the SAM Shop at Olympic Sculpture Park and Landscapes Café offers a range of specialty coffees and beverages."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Head to the Olympic Sculpture Park at sunset for stunning views of modern art against an astounding natural backdrop.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Olympic Sculpture Park proves a perfect downtown spot for strolling the grounds and admiring fascinating large-scale works on display within a picturesque nine-acre green space.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: The Olympic Sculpture Park brings alfresco art to a stunning, waterfront setting (with no admission fee). Summertime means events like concerts; winter brings kid-centric activities.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: Kids (and parents, too!) delight in wandering the open space of the Olympic Sculpture Park, where beautiful art enjoys a stunning natural backdrop.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: The Olympic Sculpture Park draws visitors for its unique allure: a free, alfresco art "museum," with stunning water views.
- Best for Parks, Attractions near KeyArena at Seattle Center Because: The Olympic Sculpture Park brings beautiful modern art to a scenic, alfresco setting with views of the mountains and water.
- Best for Beaches Because: Downtown's Olympic Sculpture Park reveals some hidden beaches (down the hill from the art), perfect for strolling (with dogs!) or simply taking in the scenery.