Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Bookstore Bar
At the Alexis Hotel, just off downtown's Madison Street and close to Pioneer Square, the cozy yet hip Bookstore Bar & Cafe stocks its shelves with impressive reading material and an extensive... Read More
At the Alexis Hotel, just off downtown's Madison Street and close to Pioneer Square, the cozy yet hip Bookstore Bar & Cafe stocks its shelves with impressive reading material and an extensive stash of Scotches, bourbons and whiskies. Executive Chef Eric Rivera sends out delectable, locally-fueled dishes. "It's an exploration of the whole flavor spectrum, where you can go from sweet to savory to sour in one bite," he explains. "We have all these great local ingredients at our disposal, and we'll be highlighting flavors of the Pacific Northwest, but in a way that will feel fresh and new to locals and visitors alike." Highlights range from weekday breakfast spreads and weekend brunch to a coveted happy hour (daily from 3n.to 5 p.m.). For great-value options, try the 'Local' 9-course dinner offered every Friday (nine courses for less than $100), as well as The Chef Incubator Series, which takes place once a month, features up-and-coming culinary talents and costs only $38 per person.
- Best Value, Restaurants near Cruise Port: "Happy hour (daily from 3 to 5 p.m.) features delicious bites like beef jerky chips, savory pancakes, vegetable tempura and "Craboyaki." In some cases, the dining experience here becomes interactive as chefs prepare and serve courses tableside, which Executive Chef Eric Rivera describes as a chance for guests to see "sleight of hand magic" first-hand."
- Group Friendly: "A movies series happens every Monday in the Bookstore Bar , beginning at 1:30 p.m. with happy hour pricing on wine and beer plus free popcorn."
- Recommended as Best Value Because: At the Alexis Hotel's Bookstore Bar & Cafe, enjoy a cozy setting and delicious food, including great-value options like the monthly "Chef Incubator Series" dinners.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: The Bookstore Bar & Cafe means regionally-sourced fare with inventive twists in a cozy, friendly atmosphere; the shelves are stocked with Scotches and reading material.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: A recent renovation to the Bookstore Bar in the Alexis Hotel means that groups can happily convene in the cozy back room.