Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of The Whale Wins
The Whale Wins
The Whale Wins is a Stone Way gem of award-winning chef Renee Erickson and partners Jeremy Price and Chad Dale (renowned throughout Seattle, thanks to their other masterpiece, Ballard's acclaimed The... Read More
The Whale Wins is a Stone Way gem of award-winning chef Renee Erickson and partners Jeremy Price and Chad Dale (renowned throughout Seattle, thanks to their other masterpiece, Ballard's acclaimed The Walrus and the Carpenter). At this welcoming Fremont venue, the culinary team draws inspiration from the cuisine of some of Erickson's favorite places in southern Europe and England, and they promise their "wood-fired, vegetable focused menu will feature the very best foods from local beaches, gardens and farms prepared simply and served casually in a lively, light filled, cottage-like space." Diners should expect ripe, seasonal vegetables, wood-oven fired meats and fish, and pickled treats in a bright, beautiful setting. Seafood lovers shoudl be sure to order the Hama Hama clams, halibut pate and Matiz sardines on toast.
- Seafood, Best Restaurants: "Enjoy weekend brunch and the "Whale Call Happy Hour" Sunday through Thursday from 5 to 6 p.m."
- Dessert: "Enjoy the "Whale Call Happy Hour" daily from 3 to 5 p.m. Try the butter-roasted zucchini bread dessert for a grand finale you won't soon forget."
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus, Restaurants near Husky Stadium: "Enjoy the "Whale Call Happy Hour" daily from 3 to 5 p.m."
- Best for Seafood Because: This popular Stone Way restaurant features the freshest fare found on regional beaches, gradens and farms.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: The Whale Wins is the Stone Way gem of award-winning chef Renee Erickson; expect locally-sourced fare in a light-filled, converted warehouse space.
- Best for Dessert Because: Although the menu at The Whales rotates with the seasons, diners find consistently-solid dishes from the starters to the decadent, locally-sourced desserts.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: The Whale Wins brings creative, colorful and healthful dishes to Fremont (many of which feature local produce, seafood and meats).
- Best for Restaurants near Husky Stadium Because: In Fremont, not too far beyond the University District, The Whale Wins serves locally-sourced foods prepared by award-winning chef Renee Erickson in a welcoming setting.