The Whale Wins
The Whale Wins is the Stone Way gem of award-winning chef Renee Erickson and partners Jeremy Price and Chad Dale (renowned throughout Seattle, thanks to their other masterpiece, Ballard's acclaimed... Read More
The Whale Wins is the Stone Way gem of award-winning chef Renee Erickson and partners Jeremy Price and Chad Dale (renowned throughout Seattle, thanks to their other masterpiece, Ballard's acclaimed The Walrus and the Carpenter). At this welcoming Fremont venue, the culinary team draws inspiration from the cuisine of some of Erickson's favorite places in southern Europe and England, and they promise their "wood-fired, vegetable-focused menu will feature the very best foods from local beaches, gardens and farms prepared simply and served casually in a lively, light-filled, cottage-like space." Diners should expect ripe, seasonal vegetables, wood-oven fired meats and fish, and pickled treats in a bright, beautiful setting. Seafood lovers should be sure to order the Hama Hama clams, halibut pate and Matiz sardines on toast. Order breakfast, lunch,and dinner from the kitchen to be enjoyed at home (daily), or make dinner reservations (from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.).
- Best Restaurants: "The Whale Wins Lard & Cafe is a new concept "offering James Beard Award winning wood-fired fare and casual counter-style service all day, daily from 8am to 8pm.""
- Seafood: "Enjoy weekend brunch and the "Whale Call Happy Hour" Sunday through Thursday from 5 to 6 p.m."
- Dessert: "Enjoy the "Whale Call Happy Hour" daily from 3 to 5 p.m. Try the butter-roasted zucchini bread dessert for a grand finale you won't soon forget."
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus, Restaurants near Husky Stadium: "Enjoy the "Whale Call Happy Hour" daily from 3 to 5 p.m."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: At this Stone Way gem of award-winning chef Renee Erickson, enjoy locally-sourced, wood-fired fare for on-site dinners, or take home treats from the counter-style cafe.
- Best for Seafood Because: This popular Stone Way restaurant features the freshest fare found on regional beaches, gradens and farms.
- Best for Dessert Because: Although the menu at The Whales rotates with the seasons, diners find consistently-solid dishes from the starters to the decadent, locally-sourced desserts.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: The Whale Wins brings creative, colorful and healthful dishes to Fremont (many of which feature local produce, seafood and meats).
- Best for Restaurants near Husky Stadium Because: In Fremont, not too far beyond the University District, The Whale Wins serves locally-sourced foods prepared by award-winning chef Renee Erickson in a welcoming setting.