Pike Place Market
Type: Sightseeing, Tours and Excursions
The sights, smells and sounds have always made Pike Place, which just celebrated its 115th anniversary, a head-spinning whirlwind for first-time visitors. (Newest bonus: Several years back revealed... Read More
The sights, smells and sounds have always made Pike Place, which just celebrated its 115th anniversary, a head-spinning whirlwind for first-time visitors. (Newest bonus: Several years back revealed the results of the site's $74 million MarketFront expansion project.) Yet most things here haven't changed. Fishmongers near the main entrance still entice buyers with loud hawking and dexterous salmon-throwing antics, the briny smell of fresh seafood filling the air. Countering that attraction are the rows of vibrantly colorful and aromatic flower stalls. Farm-fresh produce lines the aisles, and local artisans display their art and wares unique to the Northwest. Restaurants, breweries and specialty shops offer countless alluring to stay. Check out https://pikeplacemarketfoundation.org to support this iconic site, or have Market goods delivered across the county via Savor Seattle's seasonal boxes (https://savorseattle.com/pages/our-market-boxes; try the newest Markets Favorites collection!).
85 Pike St
Seattle, WA 98101
- Free Things to Do: "Check out Market expansion highlights, like 30,000 square feet of open public space that offer dazzling panoramas of Mount Rainier, the Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound. Discover artisan vendors that are newer to this new site, too–, like honest Biscuits, indi chocolate and Old Stove Brewing Co. (with a bustling patio and tasting room that features prime water views)."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Check out Market expansion highlights, like 30,000 square feet of open public space that offer dazzling panoramas of Mount Rainier, the Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound. Discover artisan vendors that are newer to this new site, too, like Honest Biscuits, indi chocolate and Old Stove Brewing Co. (popular for beers and burgers/salads/pizzas, with a bustling patio and tasting room that features prime water views)."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Find a bit of quiet among the chaos at Pike Place Market Urban Garden, a hidden rooftop garden that might be a great place to pause with the kids (and some snacks)."
- Romantic Things to Do: "Care to send a loved one, anywhere in the nation, some of the magic of Place Place? Order a Savor Seattle box, which features regional eats and treats, and helps support local vendors/ farmers at the same time."
- Things to Do in December: "While visiting Pike Place, be sure to check out brand-new, chef-driven grocery concept Kitchen & Market (think fresh goods, meal kits and recipe ideas, too). Nearby at Pacific Place, from December 17 to 27, Fleurs de Villes NOËL brings a fresh floral celebration to help downtown get even more in the holiday spirit."
- Things to Do in Fall: "Special events throughout the fall help celebrate the 50th anniversary of saving the Market, which was then at risk for urban renewal by demolition. (Visit PikePlaceMarket.org/Keep-Market.) Grab a bite at Old Stove Brewing in between your Pike Place wanderings."
- Attractions near Cruise Port, Attractions near KeyArena at Seattle Center: "Across the street from the main market building along an arcade of shops and restaurants, the original Starbuck's Coffee remains in its unassuming original location."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Historic Pike Place Market is perhaps THE essential Seattle attraction. Wandering the vibrant site costs nothing, yet you may find treasures to purchase en route.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Historic Pike Place Market is perhaps THE essential Seattle attraction. Support local farmers, makers and artisans as you wander among their colorful stalls.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Pike Place Market catches kids' attention with gems like Rachel the Pig and the venue's famous fish-throwers.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Spend a romantic day savoring the magic of Pike Place Market, perhaps gathering seasonal provisions for a delightful meal to be enjoyed at home.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: Pike Place Market becomes festively illuminated during the holiday months, proving the perfect spot for gift-shopping while supporting local vendors and farmers.
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: Savor the bounty of the season at Pike Place Market, a must-visit historic site, whether this is your first time here of your 50th.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: Pike Place Market is perhaps THE quintessential Seattle destination; here watch the fish throwers, talented buskers and an array of local artisans selling goods.
- Best for Attractions near KeyArena at Seattle Center Because: Pike Place Market is a feast for the eyes (and mouth); take in the city's many flavors at this bustling bazaar.
Find the 10Best nearby: