Woodland Park Zoo
Woodland Park, known for its exceptional non-profit zoo "dedicated to saving animals and habitat," has a lot of other things going for it. Located on approximately 90 acres, the multipurpose park and... Read More
Woodland Park, known for its exceptional non-profit zoo "dedicated to saving animals and habitat," has a lot of other things going for it. Located on approximately 90 acres, the multipurpose park and recreation space is just southwest of Green Lake and north of the Fremont district. Separated into two parts by Aurora Avenue, the part on the west of Aurora is largely occupied by the Woodland Park Zoo, but it also has picnic space, a formal rose garden, an open space, and a play area for children. Timed-ticket entry is currently required; advanced purchase highly recommended.
- Oct-Apr: Daily 9:30am-4pm
- May-Sep: Daily 9:30am-6pm
- Oct-Apr Adult (13-64) $11.50; Child (3-12) $8.50; Child (2 and under) Free
May-Sep Adult (13-64) $17.50; Child (3-12) $11.50; Child (2 and under) Free
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Tip: CityPASS makes it easy and affordable to visit five top Seattle attractions, including the Woodland Park Zoo."
- Outdoor Activities: "Purchase a CityPass for discounts at a handful of Seattle attractions, including the zoo! (https://www.citypass.com/seattle)"
- Romantic Things to Do: "Before visiting, check up-to-date hours and statewide regulations; face coverings are required for entry (ages 5+)."
- Things to Do in December: "Note: enter via the West Entrance only; face coverings required for entry (ages 5+). Closed Mondays and November 26, and December 24 & 25."
- Things to Do with Kids: "If you're visiting during summer months, be sure to check out the concert line-up planned for the popular Zoo Tunes series. This past year's roster includes talents from the B-52s and Feist to The Wood Brothers and John Prine."
- Parks: "If you've never tried it, lawn bowling offers a unique new experience, and Woodland Park is home to a beautifully manicured set of lawn bowling greens at which to check out the relaxing and fun sport."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Located on approximately 90 acres in Seattle's Phinney Ridge, Woodland Park is a non-profit zoo dedicated to saving animals and habitat.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Woodland Park, known for its exceptional zoo, is a multipurpose park and recreation space just southwest of Green Lake, located on approximately 90 acres.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Wander among the furry and scaled residents of Woodland Park Zoo, and consider enjoying a park picnic before or after your adventure.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: New this year is Woodland Park Zoo's WildLanterns, which brings an immersive experience for the whole family that continues through January 17.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Woodland Park Zoo shows off cute, furry creatures and their larger cousins in lovely a setting that replicates natural habitats.
- Best for Parks Because: Woodland Park, known for its exceptional zoo, also draws visitors to its 90 acres for recreational activities and summertime concerts.