Woodland Park Zoo
Woodland Park, known for its exceptional non-profit zoo "dedicated to saving animals and habitat," has a lot of other things going for it. Located on approximately 90 acres, the multipurpose park and... Read More
Woodland Park, known for its exceptional non-profit zoo "dedicated to saving animals and habitat," has a lot of other things going for it. Located on approximately 90 acres, the multipurpose park and recreation space is just southwest of Green Lake and north of the Fremont district. Separated into two parts by Aurora Avenue, the part on the west of Aurora is largely occupied by the Woodland Park Zoo, but it also has picnic space, a formal rose garden, an open space, and a play area for children. Summertime visitors will want to check out the alluring lineup of talented musicians who take over the Zoo Tunes calendar. (To visit the zoo, the advanced purchase of timed tickets is highly recommended.)
5500 Phinney Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
- Outdoor Activities, Best Attractions & Activities: "Music lovers will want to consider the lineup of Zoo Tunes, a beloved concert series that is a true sign of Seattle summer. Tip: CityPASS makes it easy and affordable to visit five top Seattle attractions, including the Woodland Park Zoo."
- Things to Do with Kids: "If you're visiting during summer months, be sure to check out the concert line-up for the popular Zoo Tunes series, which has returned with special pandemic-era reservation options."
- Things to Do in December: "The experience is closed Mondays (except for December 20 and 27), November 25 and December 24 and 25. Read up on the latest mask and vaccine mandates before booking your ticket."
- Parks: "If you've never tried it, lawn bowling offers a unique new experience, and Woodland Park is home to a beautifully manicured set of lawn bowling greens at which to check out the relaxing and fun sport."
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Woodland Park, known for its exceptional zoo, is a multipurpose park and recreation space just southwest of Green Lake, located on approximately 90 acres.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Located on approximately 90 acres in Seattle's Phinney Ridge, Woodland Park is a non-profit zoo dedicated to saving animals and habitat.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Woodland Park Zoo shows off cute, furry creatures and their larger cousins in lovely a setting that replicates natural habitats.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: Woodland Park Zoo's WildLanterns brings a bright and immersive experience for the whole family that continues through January 30.
- Best for Parks Because: Woodland Park, known for its exceptional zoo, also draws visitors to its 90 acres for recreational activities and summertime concerts.
Find the 10Best nearby: