Also Featured In
This once-tiny restaurant, greatly expanded in 2007, offers incredible views of Puget Sounds and the bustling market below, courtesy of huge, semicircular windows. Flawless seafood is the name of the... Read More
This once-tiny restaurant, greatly expanded in 2007, offers incredible views of Puget Sounds and the bustling market below, courtesy of huge, semicircular windows. Flawless seafood is the name of the game, and it's collected fresh from vendors below. Oyster sandwiches, often eaten at the counter, are much-coveted at lunch, and dinnertime calls forth such delicacies as tortilla-crusted Alaskan halibut, pan-roasted wild salmon and mussels steamed with chorizo, charmoula and cava. In the evenings, the atmosphere is candlelit and romantic, although tables are at a premium. Don't leave without treating yourself to the chocolate pot de creme, a signature dessert that serves as a perfect ending to a fantastic meal.
- Romantic Dining: "Check out the bar program, available Monday through Saturday (from 5 to 7 p.m.); think succulent seafood platters, carafes of house cocktails and wines from afar (France) and near (Oregon)."
- Restaurants near Cruise Port, Seafood, Best Restaurants: "For the most simple and authentic local lunch, get a grilled salmon sandwich, a portion of smoky, delicious pure protein and omegas tucked gently between a flaky bun."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Grab a table for two at this perfectly-placed downtown restaurant that offers incredible views of Pike Place Market and Puget Sound.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: Matt's in the Market offers elevated fare in more way than one; enjoy regionally-sourced dishes while overlooking the bustling PIke Place Market scene below.
- Best for Seafood Because: Matt's in the Market promises delicious local dishes in the heart of Pike Place Market.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Matt's in the Market brings mouth-watering fare to a welcoming space above Pike Place Market.