Matt's in the Market
Cuisine: American, New American, Seafood
Price Range: $$$
This welcoming restaurant offers incredible views of the Market and Puget Sound, courtesy of huge, semicircular windows. Flawless seafood is the name of the game, and the menu features fresh fare... Read More
This welcoming restaurant offers incredible views of the Market and Puget Sound, courtesy of huge, semicircular windows. Flawless seafood is the name of the game, and the menu features fresh fare collected from vendors below. Oysters and fish sandwiches are much-coveted at lunch, and dinner calls forth such delicacies as tortilla-crusted Alaskan halibut, pan-roasted wild salmon and mussels steamed with chorizo, charmoula and cava. In the evenings, the atmosphere is candlelit and romantic, although tables are at a premium. Don't leave without treating yourself to desserts like the Candy Bar Square, featuring salted caramel mousse, peanut butter nougat, chocolate cookie crumble and fried peanuts.
- Lunch: "For an authentic local lunch, try oysters on the 1/2 shell or a white prawn roll."
- Seafood, Restaurants near Cruise Port: "For the most simple and authentic local lunch, get a grilled salmon sandwich, a portion of smoky, delicious pure protein and omegas tucked gently between a flaky bun."
- Best Restaurants: "The restaurant is currently offering a monthly subscription to its Supper Club, which means a weekly three-course meal straight from their kitchen to yours."
- Romantic Dining: "Check out the bar program, available Monday through Saturday (from 5 to 7 p.m.); think succulent seafood platters, carafes of house cocktails and wines from afar (France) and near (Oregon)."
- Best for Lunch Because: This charming, upscale spot serves up delightful seafood lunches and cant-beat views of Pike Place Market busting below.
- Best for Seafood Because: Matt's in the Market promises delicious local dishes and iconic views in the heart of Pike Place Market.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Matt's in the Market brings mouth-watering fare to a welcoming space above Pike Place Market; join the Supper Club for take-home weekly meals!
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Grab a table for two at this perfectly-placed downtown restaurant that offers incredible views of Pike Place Market and Puget Sound.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: Matt's in the Market offers elevated fare in more way than one; enjoy regionally-sourced dishes while overlooking the bustling PIke Place Market scene below.