Matt's in the Market
Cuisine: American, New American, Seafood
Price Range: $$$
This once-tiny restaurant, greatly expanded in 2007, offers incredible views of Pike Place Market and the Puget Sound, courtesy of huge, semicircular windows. Flawless seafood is the name of the game,... Read More
This once-tiny restaurant, greatly expanded in 2007, offers incredible views of Pike Place Market and the Puget Sound, courtesy of huge, semicircular windows. Flawless seafood is the name of the game, and it's collected fresh from vendors set up in the bustling market below. Some past favorite dishes include: Oyster sandwiches, much-coveted at lunchtime, and dinnertime delicacies like tortilla-crusted Alaskan halibut, pan-roasted wild salmon and mussels steamed with chorizo, chermoula and cava. These days, the restaurant is offering a monthly subscription to its Supper Club, which means a weekly, seasonally-inspired three-course meal straight from their kitchen to be enjoyed in the comfort of your own home.
- Best Restaurants: "The restaurant is currently offering a monthly subscription to its Supper Club, which means a weekly three-course meal straight from their kitchen to yours."
- Seafood, Restaurants near Cruise Port: "For the most simple and authentic local lunch, get a grilled salmon sandwich, a portion of smoky, delicious pure protein and omegas tucked gently between a flaky bun."
- Romantic Dining: "Check out the bar program, available Monday through Saturday (from 5 to 7 p.m.); think succulent seafood platters, carafes of house cocktails and wines from afar (France) and near (Oregon)."
- Lunch: "For an authentic local lunch, belly up to the bar and order a halibut fishwich, porkstrami sandwich or the pork belly confit "bánh mì.""
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Matt's in the Market brings mouth-watering fare to a welcoming space above Pike Place Market; join the Supper Club for take-home weekly meals!
- Best for Seafood Because: Matt's in the Market promises delicious local dishes and iconic views in the heart of Pike Place Market.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Grab a table for two at this perfectly-placed downtown restaurant that offers incredible views of Pike Place Market and Puget Sound.
- Best for Lunch Because: Toulouse Petit Kitchen and Lounge brings tasty New Orleans-inspired flare to Lower Queen Anne.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: Matt's in the Market offers elevated fare in more way than one; enjoy regionally-sourced dishes while overlooking the bustling PIke Place Market scene below.