Matt's in the Market
Cuisine: American, New American, Seafood
Price Range: $$$
This once-tiny restaurant, greatly expanded in 2007, offers incredible views of the Market and the Puget Sound, courtesy of huge, semicircular windows. Flawless seafood is the name of the game, and... Read More
This once-tiny restaurant, greatly expanded in 2007, offers incredible views of the Market and the Puget Sound, courtesy of huge, semicircular windows. Flawless seafood is the name of the game, and it's collected fresh from vendors below. St. Jude's albacore tuna and fischwich sandwiches are much-coveted at lunch, and dinner calls forth such delicacies as tortilla-crusted Alaskan halibut, pan-roasted wild salmon and mussels steamed with chorizo, charmoula and cava. In the evenings, the atmosphere is candlelit and romantic, although tables are at a premium. Don't leave without treating yourself to finales like the chocolate pot de creme, a signature dessert that's a perfect ending to the fantastic cuisine.
- Seafood, Restaurants near Cruise Port: "For the most simple and authentic local lunch, get a grilled salmon sandwich, a portion of smoky, delicious pure protein and omegas tucked gently between a flaky bun."
- Best Restaurants: "Grab a stool at the bar, reminiscent of a cozy Parisian café bar, to enjoy locally crafted ales, beers, wines and specialty cocktails, too."
- Best for Seafood Because: Matt's in the Market promises delicious local dishes and iconic views in the heart of Pike Place Market.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Matt's in the Market brings mouth-watering fare to a welcoming space above Pike Place Market; join the Supper Club for take-home weekly meals!
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: Matt's in the Market offers elevated fare in more way than one; enjoy regionally-sourced dishes while overlooking the bustling PIke Place Market scene below.
Find the 10Best nearby: