Also Featured In
Matt's in the Market
Cuisine: American, New American, Seafood
Price Range: $$$
This welcoming restaurant offers incredible views of the Market and Puget Sound, courtesy of huge, semicircular windows. Flawless seafood is the name of the game, and the menu features fresh fare... Read More
This welcoming restaurant offers incredible views of the Market and Puget Sound, courtesy of huge, semicircular windows. Flawless seafood is the name of the game, and the menu features fresh fare collected from vendors below. Oyster sandwiches, often eaten at the counter, are much-coveted at lunch, and dinner calls forth such delicacies as tortilla-crusted Alaskan halibut, pan-roasted wild salmon and mussels steamed with chorizo, charmoula and cava. In the evenings, the atmosphere is candlelit and romantic, although tables are at a premium. Don't leave without treating yourself to a Candy Bar Square, featuring salted caramel mousse, peanut butter nougat, chocolate cookie crumble and fried peanuts.
- Lunch: "For an authentic local lunch, belly up to the bar and order a halibut fishwich, porkstrami sandwich or the pork belly confit "bánh mì.""
- Best Restaurants: "For the most simple and authentic local lunch, grab a seat at the bar and enjoy a halibut fishwich or grilled St. Jude's albacore tuna sandwich."
- Romantic Dining: "Check out the bar program, available Monday through Saturday (from 5 to 7 p.m.); think succulent seafood platters, carafes of house cocktails and wines from afar (France) and near (Oregon)."
- Seafood, Restaurants near Cruise Port: "For the most simple and authentic local lunch, get a grilled salmon sandwich, a portion of smoky, delicious pure protein and omegas tucked gently between a flaky bun."
- Best for Lunch Because: Toulouse Petit Kitchen and Lounge brings tasty New Orleans-inspired flare to Lower Queen Anne.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Matt's in the Market brings mouth-watering fare to a welcoming space above Pike Place Market.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Grab a table for two at this perfectly-placed downtown restaurant that offers incredible views of Pike Place Market and Puget Sound.
- Best for Seafood Because: Matt's in the Market promises delicious local dishes and iconic views in the heart of Pike Place Market.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: Matt's in the Market offers elevated fare in more way than one; enjoy regionally-sourced dishes while overlooking the bustling PIke Place Market scene below.