Also Featured In
Cuisine: Asian, Japanese, Sushi
Price Range: $$
If the crowd a restaurant draws is a measure of its standing, Shiro's reputation is assured. The unadorned space is one of Seattle's premier sushi spots, often filled with loyal local patrons,... Read More
If the crowd a restaurant draws is a measure of its standing, Shiro's reputation is assured. The unadorned space is one of Seattle's premier sushi spots, often filled with loyal local patrons, including sports stars, business executives and the rest of the city's ravenous raw-fish fans. White tablecloths drape the tables, but the prime spot can be found at the sushi bar, where the blade-wielding chefs slice fresh fish with utmost skill. Sitting here, you never know what kind of extra treats might come your way. The understated restaurant also features an extensive and well-chosen sake list. Shiro's sets the bar for fresh fish and friendly hospitality, even in a town overflowing with top-notch sushi venues.
- Best Restaurants: "Shiro's is known for offering samples that aren't on the menu. Each of the chefs here learned the essence of "Edomae" sushi preparation, which was developed and localized by original founder Shiro Kashiba."
- Restaurants near KeyArena at Seattle Center, Seafood: "Shiro's is known for offering samples that aren't on the menu, and when it comes to fresh and innovative raw seafood, this Seattle standby can't be beat."
- Japanese: "Reservations can be made by phone only, and no reservations are available for the sushi counter."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Shiro's Sushi (the first Edomae-style restaurant in Seattle) draws loyal fans to its Belltown space, one of the city's premier sushi spots.
- Best for Restaurants near KeyArena at Seattle Center Because: This Belltown gem is popular among sushi lovers who come for consistent favorites and rotating seasonal surprises.
- Best for Seafood Because: At Shiro's Sushi, the skilled chefs ensure that diners go on a memorable culinary adventure.
- Best for Japanese Because: Shiro's Sushi is a Belltown gem in which the sushi reigns, but other options wow, too.