Also Featured In
Agua Verde Cafe & Paddle Club
Price Range: $
This colorful waterside facility has widespread appeal. Focusing on organic ingredients, the cafe concocts flavorful Mexican eats like quesadillas, enchiladas and burritos, and it's also a popular... Read More
This colorful waterside facility has widespread appeal. Focusing on organic ingredients, the cafe concocts flavorful Mexican eats like quesadillas, enchiladas and burritos, and it's also a popular happy hour spot. One of the specialties of the house is a spicy mole sauce served with various chicken and pork preparations, all of which are delectable. Live Latin music draws a crowd on Monday nights, when a $5 food / drink minimum is required. The adjoining paddle club offers the rental of single or two-person kayaks plus paddleboards for scenic excursions on Lake Union or Lake Washington. Come for the tacos and the margaritas, and stay for a whole lot more.
- Paddle Club (Mar): Thu-Tue 10am-6pm
- Paddle Club (Apr - Aug): Mon-Fri 10am-8pm; Sat-Sun 9am-8pm
- Paddle Club (Sep): Daily 10am-7pm
- Paddle Club (Oct): Thu-Tue 10am-6pm
- Cafe: Mon-Fri 11am-3:30pm, 4pm-9pm; Sat 9am-Noon, 4pm-9pm; Sun 9am-8pm
- Kayak Rentals $15 - $30
- Restaurants near Husky Stadium: "Kayaks and paddleboards can be rented by the hour on a first-come, first-serve basis."
- Family Friendly: "Agua Verde is a great lunch spot after exploring the University of Washington campus and perhaps visiting its popular Henry Art Museum. Ask about the "Niños Menu" for young diners."
- Best for Restaurants near Husky Stadium Because: Enjoy waterside Mexican fare and delicious margaritas at Agua Verde Cafe & Paddle Club.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: This festive Mexican venue on the water enchants all ages; for young ones, the "Niños Menu" offers quesadillas, burritos and other tasty treats.