Westward & Little Gull
One of the city's favorite warm weather "hot spots," Westward is a water-inspired, full-service restaurant and bar that first opened its sails in the fall of 2013 on the north shore of Lake Union. The... Read More
One of the city's favorite warm weather "hot spots," Westward is a water-inspired, full-service restaurant and bar that first opened its sails in the fall of 2013 on the north shore of Lake Union. The talented culinary team sends out delectable, innovative dishes that balance contemporary Northwest and Mediterranean flavors with an approach called "natural and continually evolving, reflecting the simplicity of great products, fresh ingredients and the changing seasons." A wood-burning oven anchors the kitchen, and each seat in the restaurant boasts stunning views of the lake and cityscape. Outside, a large deck, fire pit and beach area provide the ideal vantage point for sipping cocktails in the warmer months or for snuggling under wool blankets (provided by the venue) in the winter. A 150-foot dock provides boat parking or a place to tie up kayaks while enjoying plates of oysters or creative cocktails.
- Waterfront Dining: "Enjoy happy hour, currently taking place Monday through Thursday from 4 to 5 p.m. Guests are invited to arrive by arrive by foot, vehicle, boat or kayak, thanks to the property's on-site dock."
- Seafood: "(*Note that the restaurant is undergoing a refresh for several weeks in early 2020.) Make dinner reservations several weeks in advance, especially in busy summer months. Guests can arrive by boat, kayak or paddleboard."
- Dessert: "Make dinner reservations several weeks in advance, especially in busy summer months. Those with a sweet tooth can "go local," thanks to gems like the Affogato and Butterscotch Pot de Creme."
- Restaurants near Husky Stadium: "Make dinner reservations far in advance if possible, especially in busy summer months. For a more laid-back setting, grab an Adirondack chair outdoors around the fire pit."
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: North of Lake Union, Westwardl boasts tasty seafood dishes and stunning views from its patio (think fire pit and charmingly striped umbrellas).
- Best for Seafood Because: Westward combines some of the city's finest features--fresh seafood, stunning water views, crafty cocktails and a cozy fire pit.
- Best for Dessert Because: Westward has made waves for its stunning waterside location and tasty seafood dishes; the desserts have been a well-kept secret....up until now!
- Best for Restaurants near Husky Stadium Because: A thriving "hot spot," especially on sunny days, Westward is a water-inspired, full-service restaurant and bar on the north shore of Lake Union.