Tropical Key Lime Pie — Photo courtesy of Sam Howzit
Here's an award winning key lime pie recipe, according to the American Pie Council, where it won first place in the Quick and Easy category at the National Pie Championships. If you've been to south Florida or the Keys - where key lime trees are native - you know how addictive this pie can be!
- 1 9-inch unbaked graham cracker pie crust
- 1 14-oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of key lime juice
- 5 egg yolks, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Combine the lime juice, sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks. Mix well. Pour into unbaked graham cracker pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Top with whipped topping and garnish with lime slices.