Prep time: - minutes | Cook time: - minutes | Serves: -
Some foods are just better on a skewer. Kebabs. Corn dogs. Chicken satay. None would be the same served sans wooden stick. If they don't actually taste better, they're at least more fun to eat.
These antipasto skewers are no different – except they're way easier to make, and way prettier. The key with these is to use the freshest, most high-quality ingredients available.
After that, it's just spending a few minutes shoving food on a stick. Just try not to eat it all while you're preparing it.
*Recipe courtesy of The Food Channel.
- 8oz mozzarella
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup salami
- Prosciutto, or other cured meat
- 8oz artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup Italian vinaigrette
- to taste sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Thread one ball of mozzarella, one slice of salami, one artichoke heart, a leaf or two of fresh basil, and a strip of prosciutto onto each wooden skewer.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper, and serve with Italian vinaigrette.