Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Serves: 4
Green beans hardly get the love they deserve. Long the soggy, flavorless vehicle for a blanket of cream, mushrooms and crispy onions that mask their taste and kill their healthiness in classic American casseroles, green beans are actual best at their simplest.
This recipe for oven-roasted green beans brings out their fresh flavor with little more than a hint of olive oil and lemon juice, and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
The green beans stay crispy, taste fresh and actually maintain their healthy properties. Best of all, this recipe takes virtually no prep and it's done within 20 minutes for the perfect side for just about anything from grilled shrimp to rack of lamb.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 large lemon
- To taste salt
- To taste black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drizzle beans with olive oil and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss.
- Line sheet pan with parchment. Add green beans. Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan. Toss and return to oven.
- Cook for an additional 7 minutes or until beans are tender but still crisp, and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.