Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: - minutes | Serves: 1
If you're anything like us, there's a pretty good chance you got in touch with your inner glutton while watching the game yesterday, and the food hangover isn't exactly what you bargained for. We feel your struggle.
This Tokyo market salad from New York izakaya Zuma is the answer. Packed with superfoods, this salad is made with five types of salad leaves, herbs, cucumbers, grains and nuts, and topped with a citrus honey dressing.
Even if you're not feeling in need of a detox, it's a delicious way to start a meal.
*Recipe courtesy of The Food Channel.
For the salad
- 100 grams seasonal green leaf mix
- 10 leaves baby kale
- 20 grams sweet gem lettuce, cut into small pieces
- 5 grams dill, picked
- 2 leaves shiso, picked
- 5 grams chives, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 10 pieces green apple, melon balled
- 1 breakfast radish, shaved and blanched in ice water for 10 minutes and patted dry
- 10 grams each carrots, cucumber and daikon, shaved and blanched in ice water for 10 minutes and patted dry
- 1/2 avocado, cut in small pieces
- 30 grams honey and lemon dressing (recipe below)
- to garnish Roasted cashew nuts, crushed
For the honey and lemon dressing
- 160 grams fresh lemon juice
- 80 grams lemon oil
- 70 grams honey
- 5 grams kosher salt
- 20 grams white sesame seeds, toasted
To assemble the salad
- Put seasonal green leaf mix, baby kale, sweet gem lettuce, carrots, cucumber and daikon into a mixing bowl and mix with the honey and lemon dressing.
- Place avocado pieces into a salad bowl and add the salad mix on top. Garnish with dill, picked shiso, chive sticks, green apple balls and roasted cashews.
For the salad dressing
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and fill into squeeze bottle