Matcha lemonade cucumber cocktail — Photo courtesy of The Food Channel
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: - minutes | Serves: 1
One of the best parts about the changing of the seasons is the changing of cocktail menus.
We love strong, spirt-forward, brown cocktails and hot, boozy drinks as much as anyone, but it's time to shift to the lighter, more citrusy and floral drinks of spring.
This matcha lemonade cocktail is a fresh take on the classic vodka lemonade, but with the antioxidants and energy-boosting properties of matcha – and a dose of spring essence from the cucumber.
*Recipe courtesy of The Food Channel
- 1-inch piece seedless cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces matcha lemonade
- One squeeze fresh lemon juice
- For garnish cucumber slices
- Add cucumber and vodka to a cocktail shaker, and muddle. Let the muddled mix sit for a few minutes to allow the cucumber flavor to infuse the vodka.
- Add ice and lemonade to the shaker. Shake until chilled.
- Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
- Top with a squeeze of lemon juice. Garnish with cucumber slices.
- You can also top with club soda for a fizzy, lighter cocktail.