Prep time: 2 hours | Cook time: 10 minutes | Serves: 24
Opinions about chocolate chip cookies run deep. It's hard to find anybody who doesn't like what is arguably America's most popular type of cookie. But it's also difficult to come to any sort of agreement about what chocolate chip cookies should taste like.
Soft or crispy, thin or puffy, with or without nuts are just a few of the debates among the most opinionated aficionados. But there's a way for everyone to have their cookie and eat it too when it comes to texture: cookies n' cream chocolate chip cookies.
This fresh take on the age-old classic is soft at its core, but contains chunks of chopped up Oreos and Hershey's Cookies 'N' Creme Bake Pieces to add a bit of crunch and cream to each bite. It's the best of both worlds.
*Recipe adapted from The Food Channel.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 Oreos (or similar), chopped
- 1 3/4 cup (9 oz bag) Hershey's Cookies 'N' Creme Bake Pieces
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until well-blended and fluffy in texture. Then add in eggs and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into the butter mixture, and mix until just combined. Then stir in the baking pieces and chopped cookie pieces until evenly incorporated. Cover and refrigerate for two hours
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a medium cookie scoop (about 1-1/2 tablespoons) to scoop dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Then bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on pan for about five minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Tips for success