Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | Serves: 2
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 4 pieces sliced rye bread or whole wheat
- nonstick cooking spray
- cooked, smoked ham, sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced pickles of your choice
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- To taste black pepper,
- Grease waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and preheat. When ready, spread half of the preserves on 1 slice of bread.
- Top with as much ham as desired, then half the cheese and half the pickles.
- Add the desired amount of black pepper and spread half the mustard onto another slice of bread and put on top.
- Liberally spray both sides of the sandwich and place in the waffle iron.
- Slowly close the lid, pressing gently until the sandwich is half as thick.
- Cook about 5 minutes, or until dark brown and very crisp.
- Remove and continue with the remainder of Charlotte ingredients. Serve very hot.