Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: - minutes | Serves: 1
A mimosa is a perfectly acceptable brunch drink. In some ways, you could even call it perfect.
It's delicious, it's got vitamin C to give you some necessary nutrients (especially after a night of heavy drinking), it's light on the booze so you don't have to commit to being buzzed all day, it's got enough champagne to keep you feeling classy, and – most importantly – it's incredibly easy to make. More or less, you just dump some champagne on top of some orange juice, and presto, a cocktail.
But sometimes you need something a little stronger, and sometimes you crave complexity. It's for times like these that this amped up mimosa is your best friend. Adding gin, lime juice and simple syrup to the classic mimosa, this version will turbocharge your weekend brunch.
And don't worry, there's still enough orange juice for you to tell yourself you're doing something good for your body, and enough champagne to keep you feeling classy even after you're a few gin drinks deep.
- 1.5 ounces gin
- .75 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice
- .5 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- .5 ounces simple syrup
- 2 ounces prosecco
- Add gin, orange juice, lime juice and simple syrup to a shaker, then fill with ice and shake.
- Strain into a Champagne flute and top with Prosecco.
- Garnish with an orange peel or your favorite spring flower.