Prep time: - minutes | Cook time: - minutes | Serves: -
If there's one fruit that symbolizes cookouts it is, without a doubt, the watermelon. When it comes to fruits, the undisputed king of backyard BBQs is this refreshing palate cleanser that tastes of summer. Watermelon also makes some amazing, thirst-quenching summertime cocktails.
This watermelon sling, courtesy of Yardbird Southern Table & Bar is surprisingly stiff, thanks to a shot of white whiskey, and the addition of Aperol and fresh lemon juice adds a citrusy brightness that brings out the watermelon flavor.
Finally, the soda water gives it a slight effervescence and the rosemary garnish gives it that last bit of freshness that really brings the whole thing home.
- 1½ ounces white whiskey
- 1¼ ounce fresh watermelon juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup (see link above for simple syrup directions)
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- ½ ounce Aperol
- To top soda water
- For garnish lemon wheel
- For garnish fresh rosemary
- Shake all the ingredients together with ice until chilled
- Strain into an ice-filled glass.
- Top off with soda water and garnish.