Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: - minutes | Serves: 1
If you're reading this and you're from America, chances are, you grew up eating peanut butter and jelly. And chances are, the PB&Js you grew up eating were filled with sugary, processed peanut butter and jelly on nutritionless white bread. But PB&J can actually be healthy – especially if you drink it.
This peanut butter and jelly smoothie is a healthy adult version of your favorite childhood bagged lunch.
Peanut butter powder (or peanut butter), almond milk, frozen bananas and strawberries, avocado and flaxseed, as well as a few other ingredients to round it out, transform the PB&J into a complete, nutrition-packed breakfast.
Who says kids get to have all the fun?
*Recipe and photo via The Food Channel
- 1.5-2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1/3 avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 serving vanilla protein (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons Crazy Richards Pure PB Peanut Powder (or peanut butter of your choice)
- 1/2 frozen zucchini**
- Add all ingredients to high-powered blender and blend for 1-2 minutes, or until it reaches a smooth texture.
- **adding frozen zucchini or cauliflower to smoothies is a great way to thicken the mixture and get an added boost of veggies all without being able to taste. Steaming vegetables before freezing makes them easier to digest.