Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 8 minutes | Serves: -
Nothing postpones your New Years resolution like being stuck with the holiday leftovers. So when you plan your New Years Eve party, make foods so good, there will be no leftovers.
Impress your guests with these salt & pepper chicken wings with raspberry horseradish sauce from the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort and Spa.
The tart raspberry pairs well with the heat of horseradish, and when you dip one of these wings into this dip, it's tangy bliss.
This recipe originally appeared on USA TODAY 10Best.
Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings
- Jumbo chicken wings
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Deep-frying oil
For the raspberry-horseradish sauce
- 4 cups raspberries
- 2.5 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled)
Preparing the wings
- Preheat oven and fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss wings with generous amounts of salt and pepper.
- Lay chicken wings flat on a sheet tray. (Make sure wings do not overlap.)
- After 10 minutes, remove wings from oven and set aside.
Make the sauce
- Combine all items in a small sauce pot. Cook on stove top at low temperature until reduced by 25%. Raspberries should begin to break down.
- Use a stick blender or a blender to puree the sauce. Set sauce aside and allow to cool.
When it's time to serve
- Place wings in fryer basket (don't over-fill) and lower into the hot oil.
- Fry the wings for 5-8 minutes until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
- Place wings in a clean bowl and toss lightly with salt and pepper again.
- Serve wings on a plate with sauce in a separate bowl for dipping.